2004 Grand Marquis Castrol Edge 5w20 6K Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ran Castrol Edge 5w20 in the previous cycle. Before that it was Kendall synthetic blend and Castrol GTX.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Well broken-in engine.
thumbsup2.gif

Good metal wear rates with still serviceable used oil sample, OCI could be extended further.

How long can he extend his OCI without having the TBN? I think I'd do an UOA with TBN before making those recommendations but Edge has show over 350ppm boron on a VOA so one can assume this should be able to reach 10k easy but an UOA can confirm that.

OP did you use the same oil filters on the 2 runs of castrol edge? The insoluble number is quite different, curious if different oil filters were used and which filters on which run?

Quote:
OP did you use the same oil filters on the 2 runs of castrol edge? The insoluble number is quite different, curious if different oil filters were used and which filters on which run?

Same oil filter, autoextra. I wonder if its a quality control issue with he filter or the car.

Looks great! Sad that Edge counts 8 ppm as 'with titanium'...that's a measurement error, not an add level!

Still a good oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back