2003 Suburban 1500 Power Steering Pump - Replace Seals

Power steering leaking on my 03 Suburban 1500, I have not explored where it is coming from yet, but it has been a slow leak for many years, but now it is getting worse and the belt is slinging fluid.
I was going to get a new pump, but I see re-seal kits for much less money.
Is Gates O.K for a seal kit?
Gates Seal Kit (No Saginaw Bushing)
Anything that I should be aware of before committing to this approach? I would like to take the old pump out, re-seal and re-install in the same day, so would like to have all the parts needed so I am not left without my vehicle for multiple days.
I see a kit for a Saginaw Housing. How would I know if I have that or not?
Also see an AC Delco seal kit, but that seems to not have as many seals in the kit and does not include the front seal.
AC Delco Seal Kit

How much is a reman pump? I would go that route. The surface to be sealed might be damaged or rusted. So a new seal may not solve the problem.

Installing the new seals may not be straight forward. You may need to pull the pulley.

You should have a Sag. I kinda liked this vid awhile back. I think it's a GMT400 IIRC but the 800's still use a Sag TTBOMK

Also my buddy went through 2 AutoZone remans on his square body....so just like almost everything else these days I'd sooner trust your rebuild vs the Paint It, Box It and Ship It factory

How much is a reman pump? I would go that route. The surface to be sealed might be damaged or rusted. So a new seal may not solve the problem.

Installing the new seals may not be straight forward. You may need to pull the pulley.
I should have said new bearings are a plus also.

Turns out the power steering pump was leaking slightly, but the bigger leak was coming from the power steering cooler. You can see the fluid on the coils behind it, plus it blew all over the battery and surrounding areas while highway driving.
Leaking Power Steering Cooler.jpg

Back