2002 Tundra 2uz-fe 4.7 v8 coolant leak

Evening BITOG,

So I’m looking for the source of a pooling-on-the-skidplate leak in the ‘02 Tundra 4.7 in my sig. earlier this year the OEM radiator blew up during a heatwave and was immediately replaced with a new Denso, 5k miles later that’s still in great shape. When I first saw antifreeze pooled up under the truck again I assumed it was that, but not this time as it’s bone dry, as are both ends of both radiator hoses.

I’ve read these engines tend to leak from the water pump on the driver side, but this leak is definitely passenger side, and the timing belt and water pump were replaced a few months back with an Aisin kit, excellent quality (it seems). This leak looks like it’s most of the way back on the passenger side of the block, do these engines possibly leak from the head gasket externally? I saw that on an old Lexus 1uz before at around this mileage 180k, but from what I can tell this engine isn’t known for HG failures.

Unfortunately no matter how I tried I couldn’t get a good picture and I just can’t seem to find the source, oil cap is milky white but oil looks perfect.

Thanks

Does it look like the coolant may be coming down the back of the engine between the engine and transmission, if that's the case it may be coolant draining down the weeps at the back of the engine that are there to prevent water from pooling in the V under the intake, coolant could get there from bad gaskets on the thermostat housing or a bad oring where the heater hose pipe connects into the crossover pipe.

The bypass o-ring is a common UZ engine leak point and can be pinched or cocked during R&R of the coolant bypass bridge.

Use dish soap or coolant to lube the new o-ring. Toyota 103 FIPG is fine to seal the rectangular housing opening.

Back