2002 subaru wrx rotella t6 unknown miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Linked Image]

Bought this wrx about month ago, previous owner said its about due for an oil change and he used rotella T6. Dont know the miles on the oil but 132k miles are on the EJ205.

I'd guess that oil has been in there a long while - hence the higher wear metals.....TBN would have been good to get.

That is old Rotella in there, seen by the combination of normal KV100 13.37 with low flashpoint (fuel dilution), which tells us fuel lowered the viscosity but oxidation took it right back up. Oxidation is a sign an oil has been in a long time. Good news is the low Insolubles of 0.1 is quite good, and iron at 18 ppm is still not bad. Doubt this is going to be a real problem, its rugged Rotella after all.

I'd use Castrol 0w40 at walmart in 5 quart jugs bargain priced. Great oil. Plenty thick enough for this.

A bugeye! Guessing that the actual fuel dilution which was probably a bit higher than 1.3%. Any mods? What oil next?

19.gif

Last edited:
Right now its got a stock airbox, larger TMIC, cobb accessport v2 stage 2 tuned, HKS turboback, and a couple jdm cosmetic pieces like the hoodscoop. It been great so far, but the idle is lopey and lean, im 90% convinced its a vacuum leak and i just have to find where it is. Im putting rotella t6 back in to it as its what i run on my other car, just so happened the po uses the same oil lol.

[Linked Image]

Wow, nice car! I had a black 2003 WRX wagon which was stolen, smashed up, and recovered. Windows were tinted and I was running Prodrive/OZ Racing wheels. Traded it for the FXT to be a little less conspicuous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back