2002 Silverado 5.3L RWD Rack and Pinion (Steering Gear)

Time to replace the Rack and Pinion on my 2002 Chevy Silverado.

I have no idea who's manufacturing good quality rack and pinion/steering gears these days.

Jorgen Automotive rebuilt my father-in-law's rack and pinion a few years ago, but they have since closed shop.

Any advice is greatly appreciated

I just had my 2011 chevy colorado rack replaced, my mechanic would absolutely not install any brand remanufactured.He said they had too many problems with Reman.So I requested AC DELCO I saw the box it came in,it had ACDELCO stickers.The rack was marked -

New Mando Steering Rack and Pinion Original Equipment​

My mechanic said the Mando is a quality manufacturer.

I just had my 2011 chevy colorado rack replaced, my mechanic would absolutely not install any brand remanufactured.He said they had too many problems with Reman.So I requested AC DELCO I saw the box it came in,it had ACDELCO stickers.The rack was marked -

They are. OE for Hyundai/Kia, and other makers, I'm sure.

Steering Racks by MANDO only available from 2004 and up for Chevy's. https://mando.mycarparts.com/

MAVAL would be my next option. Never heard of them but if they are decent I'm willing to give them a shot.

Anything else out there?

Going to see if I can get a Rack and Pinion by Maval directly from them.

I don't know which auto parts websites to trust anymore. AMZN is absolutely out of the question.

Back