2001 Acura 3.2 TL OCI Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am planning, using Edge 5W-30, to increase my OCI from 7,500 miles to 10,000 miles. I thought this would be a no-brainer, but I have seen some folks suggest that the v6 Honda engines are not that easy on oil. Any advice, thoughts? Thanks.

Lots of highway miles? If so, it could probably do 10K EASY-but if there's a lot of stop & go, short trips, long time between OCIs-oil analysis would be the only way I would try to go that far.

Some of the UOA's aren't supporting a long drain capability of Edge.
27.gif
A check othe oil's condition may be a safer bet to run it to 10k.

10,000 would be highway miles on the J series or 7500 for normal duty, IMO. It's not as gentle on oil as most Honda 4bangers are.

Originally Posted By: beast3300
27.gif

Thanks -- would you support the 10,000 mile OCI on PU?

Originally Posted By: stockrex
can you say blow-by queen? better off using cheaper oil and changing often

I'll probably stay with synthetics, probably the Edge (been a Castrol user forever), but not married to the 10,000 mile OCI.

Originally Posted By: TomYoung
Originally Posted By: beast3300
27.gif

Thanks -- would you support the 10,000 mile OCI on PU?

Even though PP, PU, RL, M1 and some other brands have done 10k oCI, a UOA is still the safest way to determine if you engine likes that particular oil. My longest OCI was 4800 miles so I am not an expert on long drain.

<--------------sissy (in terms of long OCI's)

I have run castrol syntec 5w30 10k OCI on my 2006 toyota camry v6. I never had to add oil.

I can't say about Honda V6. I have 2010 Honda pilot 6,600 miles. so far I have to add almost 1 quart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back