2001 4l80e questions

I have a 2001 GMC 2500hd with about 190,000 miles, with unknown history. I've put about 15k miles on it since I bought it. Transmission has always shifted good and firm and fluid is bright red and has never been above 200 deg. Recently the shifting has seemed a little off, nothing too bad, but maybe slipping more than usual. This morning I started it up and put it in drive, tried to take off and it wouldn't move. I let off the gas, waited few seconds, then tried again. It revved up, finally built some pressure and started moving. It didn't do it again today. Is this a sign of impending doom? I pull an enclosed trailer full of tools daily so it definitely gets worked.

Fluid level correct?

Forward clutch burn down is one of the most common failures on 4L80E's, The Forward Drum & Stator Bushings wears out & allows the Input Shaft to dig into the drums sealing ring lands.

Fluid level correct?

Forward clutch burn down is one of the most common failures on 4L80E's, The Forward Drum & Stator Bushings wears out & allows the Input Shaft to dig into the drums sealing ring lands.
The fluid level is correct. It was actually overfilled when I bought it. Previous owner said he had a cracked flex plate replaced by a transmission shop, I assume they also did a fluid change because the fluid looked new. Are there any companies you would recommend for a rebuilt unit? I found a few places online but you never know how the quality is. 4l80e this is one I found

Back