2.5 Gallon Rotella T Jugs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: addyguy
WM's in Ottawa have those 9.5L jugs, webfors. I think CT stores do, as well.

Strange that I've never seen them before. I must be passing right by the Truck/Diesel section. MMmmmm a whole new world of oil to explore
grin2.gif

Finally spotted them at CT and WM. Funny thing is there was only 1 9.5L jug in each store, and they were selling for $37.99 each.

Update, in O'Fallon, IL, they are offering these 2.5gal 15W40 bottles for $15.00, that's $1.50/quart

If I didn't already have so much oil and needed 15W40, I'd be all over this.

Originally Posted By: javacontour
Update, in O'Fallon, IL, they are offering these 2.5gal 15W40 bottles for $15.00, that's $1.50/quart

At WM????

[censored] mine is still $27!!!

Originally Posted By: javacontour

That's a smokin' deal! I hope they have some at that price in NY when I visit.

Originally Posted By: webfors
Strange that I've never seen them before. I must be passing right by the Truck/Diesel section. MMmmmm a whole new world of oil to explore
grin2.gif

If it's anything like our Walmarts, the oil is scattered all over the place.
wink.gif

I just chagned my oil on my 1998 Cummins and used Rotella 15W40 in the 2.5 gallon jug. I really like that size as my engine takes a full one of those in the crankcase and one quart in the filter...then drive away.

For the guys worrying about thickness in passenger cars, what about "dumbing it down" with some 5w-20? I've done that for years on engines that were non-turbo. I live in an area where 15w-40 wouldn't make a difference anyway.

I've seen Rotella at Wal-Mart in 5 gallon pails, but the cost per volume for that was about the same as it was for the gallon jugs which seems silly.

Accidently saw some of these today at WM. The display was tucked away on another aisle, several aisles down from the usual oil area. Pretty good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back