1AAuto.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had the weirdest experience with them. I ordered aftermarket replacement headlight housings and parking lights because they were cracked from a hail storm. None of them fit very well. In fact, I'd say they're about the worst quality aftermarket parts of any kind I've ever seen! So bad that when I went to start aiming the lights, a piece of plastic broke in the housing and the one headlight just aims up into the sky. Total and complete made in China rubbish, and I ordered through 1AAuto because some Amazon reviews said they're parts for my vehicles headlights were good quality.

Anyway, I demanded a return authorization, but wanted to keep the parking lights since they fit OK and I can get junkyard headlights and restore the,

1AAuto issued me a full refund for everything and said keep all the parts.
crazy2.gif

It's like they know the parts are complete rubbish and the mark up is so high it's not gonna hurt them if they do this for a certain % of people???

Just seemed quite odd. But I'm happy! I don't think there are any half way decent aftermarket headlights you can buy.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
I just had the weirdest experience with them. I ordered aftermarket replacement headlight housings and parking lights because they were cracked from a hail storm. None of them fit very well. In fact, I'd say they're about the worst quality aftermarket parts of any kind I've ever seen! So bad that when I went to start aiming the lights, a piece of plastic broke in the housing and the one headlight just aims up into the sky. Total and complete made in China rubbish, and I ordered through 1AAuto because some Amazon reviews said they're parts for my vehicles headlights were good quality.
Anyway, I demanded a return authorization, but wanted to keep the parking lights since they fit OK and I can get junkyard headlights and restore the,
1AAuto issued me a full refund for everything and said keep all the parts.
crazy2.gif

It's like they know the parts are complete rubbish and the mark up is so high it's not gonna hurt them if they do this for a certain % of people???
Just seemed quite odd. But I'm happy! I don't think there are any half way decent aftermarket headlights you can buy.

If they had to pay for shipping on your return and it was to China, it was probably cheaper for them to let you keep the merchandise. Just a business decision.

Just a bit of advice. When looking for replacement panels or any type of lamp for a car make sure that the part is CAPA certified. These parts are insurance quality and are certified to meet or exceed OEM specs.

This is why I love my sealed beams!

The original headlights are still in my truck and they aren't hazy or anything. And it's $5 at wal mart to get new headlights!

Sorry the parts suck, but at least you got good customer service. And their instructional videos on YT are awesome
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Miller88
This is why I love my sealed beams!

The original headlights are still in my truck and they aren't hazy or anything. And it's $5 at wal mart to get new headlights!

Same here. My 88 E-150 still has the original headlights, and they look as good as new. I'd rather have them then the lights the newer cars come with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back