$19 a month for unlimited calling and texting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Republicwireless introduces $19 a month no-contract plan for unlimited calling and texting and mobile data included.

The Smartphone is limited to 1 phone for now and can be a little expensive.

Texting is the highest marked-up consumer product out there. It amazes me that people insist on using it rather than boycotting it. Especially folks that have smartphones with data plans.

Now that I have iOS 5, messages to other iOS 5 phones and devices is free!

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Texting is the highest marked-up consumer product out there. It amazes me that people insist on using it rather than boycotting it. Especially folks that have smartphones with data plans.

Now that I have iOS 5, messages to other iOS 5 phones and devices is free!

/agree
texting should be free.. horrid markup.

You do realize that republic is tethering to your WIFI hotspot at home for the phone calls, and they expect you to make most of your phone calls from hotspots, not the cellular network.

OK for someone who uses their cell phone at home all the time, but I don't know about someone on the go.

Nice, my contract expires in January anyway. I don't do much calling or texting anymore, since I started night shifts. Plus wi-fis are around in most cases. I don't go over 450 min anyway,even without wi-fi.

Last edited:
Just cut down my Verizon plan to $60. [censored], yeah I'm getting that deal. If you get one before Nov. 27 with promo code "welcome19" it will cost $99 not $199.
So December will cost me $60, January $80, then $19 (Verizon expires). In this case I have time to test it out, and return if it is not working good, and save my Verizon.

Finally got to their website. They are saying it is to much orders.And delivery might take up to 60 days. Code works. Price went down to total $105(with tax) and monthly charge is $22.30 after tax in my area.
Will order mine on friday
smile.gif

If you want big carrier coverage without having to spend a fortune just go prepaid. The big carrier's prepaid plans are getting very aggressive with the surrounding prepaid competition. Just buy a nice smartphone out of contract and go prepaid.

Right now I am using AT&T's $25 plan; 250 minutes talk, unlimited text. That works for me. The new prepaid plans also have some good smartphone data plans to add on too.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Texting is the highest marked-up consumer product out there. It amazes me that people insist on using it rather than boycotting it.

It does not matter to me, as I REFUSE to text no matter what!!
31.gif
(I made them take it off of my plan/remove that capability from my service, even though it is $0.00 extra /month for it!!)
wink.gif

Texting is coming free on a lot of plans, it is on my virgin mobile plan, unlimited. I never used it for years, then just got it this past year. Its very convenient when you want to "ping" some friends and not bother them with a full conversation.

My tenants prefer to text me when they need something, this works better than a "call me back" message.

Originally Posted By: jigen
If you want big carrier coverage without having to spend a fortune just go prepaid. The big carrier's prepaid plans are getting very aggressive with the surrounding prepaid competition. Just buy a nice smartphone out of contract and go prepaid.

Right now I am using AT&T's $25 plan; 250 minutes talk, unlimited text. That works for me. The new prepaid plans also have some good smartphone data plans to add on too.

I do agree. I went with T-Mobile's prepaid set up from one of their regular non contract plans. It TRIPLED my minutes and dropped the bill to $32.08. That's $17.00 LESS than what I was paying (all taxes, fees in) for 450 minutes with zero internet time. Now it's 1500 minutes/text/photos with 30mb internet usage. That's over $200 per year savings for more time than I'll ever use and internet access when/if I need it. I already had a 3G phone so this switch over cost me absolutely nothing. It's nice to win one for a change.

I am switching to Virgin Mobile android 3G after 11/28/11. Hopefully I can transfer my mobile number smoothly. I've read some horror stories.

Wal-mart has that $30 deal for 100 minutes with unlimited text and data. It's on T-Mobile, so it should be decent!

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Wal-mart has that $30 deal for 100 minutes with unlimited text and data. It's on T-Mobile, so it should be decent!

Im still on Virgin Mobile's $25 a month UNLIMITED text/data/web with 300 minutes talk. Works for me
smile.gif

P.S.: You cant get that plan anymore.
lol.gif

Still Unlim/550 min for $19 vs 300 or 100 min for $25 and $30.
Republic plan is way better.
I didn't really get it, did I order it or not. They ran out phones and member space and want you to enter you e-mail to notify you later. I got a bill from them In my e-mail,and it says my card will be charged later on. So maybe my order came thru.Will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back