18 Lexus GS350, 36K on odo, PP 0W20, 7,387 OCI

Recommended OCI is 10K but since I was changing the oil on my daughter's Civic, I figured WTH, I'll swap out the oil in the Lex as well. It appears I could have easily left it in for another 2-3K miles.

Replaced with another fill of PP 0W20 but bought a few bottles of PUP 5W20 for all changes going forward, in the 3 vehicles at home. No winter startups in South FL, so no need for the 0W. Also installed Valvomax oil drain valves on all cars for easier oil changes.

I apologize in advance for posting such a snoozer of a UOA. :sneaky:

18 GS350 Sep 2022.jpg

Last edited:
Here's our 2013 F Sport with over 90K. Dang Michelin rubber cost me $1,600... 5K OCI for me.
Jeff... Aren't you over at CL as well? Any UOAs to share? For my 2002 Sequioa, I swore by Valvoline Max Life High Mileage Synthetic Blend. Sold that truck with 340K and it never burned a drop of oil. OCIs were between 8-11K religiously.

But with that stable of cars in your signature, I'm guessing you don't put much miles on your rides, right?

$1,400 for my set of Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4s back in January. No... Michelins are not cheap, but much better than the OEM Bridgestones.

Jeff... Aren't you over at CL as well? Any UOAs to share? For my 2002 Sequioa, I swore by Valvoline Max Life High Mileage Synthetic Blend. Sold that truck with 340K and it never burned a drop of oil. OCIs were between 8-11K religiously.

But with that stable of cars in your signature, I'm guessing you don't put much miles on your rides, right?

$1,400 for my set of Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4s back in January. No... Michelins are not cheap, but much better than the OEM Bridgestones.
Yeah, Club Lexus has taught me a few things. But I can take it or leave it; they don't get greasey. Unlike BITOG, where everyone has valuable knowledge and experience to help me. I appreciate the guidance here because I am a tight wad.
I have never done a UOA because, as mentioned, I squeak.

Yeah, I don't drive all the cars, plus I am retired so I no longer have a commute. The last 2 years have kept everyone at home, so there's that.

Yeah, Club Lexus has taught me a few things. But I can take it or leave it; they don't get greasey. Unlike BITOG, where everyone has valuable knowledge and experience to help me. I appreciate the guidance here because I am a tight wad.
I have never done a UOA because, as mentioned, I squeak.

Yeah, I don't drive all the cars, plus I am retired so I no longer have a commute. The last 2 years have kept everyone at home, so there's that.
Nice oil report! And beautiful car.

There was a thread on Club Lexus of a guy documenting his GS350 - it was an older one, probably a 2008 or something - and he drove it 50,000 miles a year. Absolutely the best thread I’ve ever seen over there. Really worth checking out, as he documented every service, repair and modification.

Back