‘15 Tacoma diff fluid

I’m about to change the diff fluids in my ‘15 Tacoma. I have a bunch of Acura Hypoid HGO-1 gl-5 75w85. Is it safe to use In my truck and if so, does it need an LS additive. Can’t find any data on it.

While it isn't the manufacturer's data, a lot of times to get a ballpark of what I need for fluid, I look on the Amsoil site.

Heres what they say. I do not know anything about the Hypoid HGO-1 fluid, if its a regular gear oil or what. I'm sure others will chime in on some better details. But 75w85 is what Toyota does spec, but a 75W-90 would be fine.

1715873599406.jpg

While it isn't the manufacturer's data, a lot of times to get a ballpark of what I need for fluid, I look on the Amsoil site.

Heres what they say. I do not know anything about the Hypoid HGO-1 fluid, if its a regular gear oil or what. I'm sure others will chime in on some better details. But 75w85 is what Toyota does spec, but a 75W-90 would be fine.

View attachment 219616
Thanks for the great info. The RAVENOL site lists their 75w85 LS as compatible with both Honda and Toyota oils so I’m thinking it should be ok. Just wanna make absolutely sure. Free is way better than not lol

You only need LS if the diff is actually limited slip.
75w-90 or even 75w-110/140 will work well in rear diff. 75w-85 fluid is there only for fuel saving reasons.
The Car Care Nut had his thoughts and info on this subj.

Thanks a bunch. From what I can gather it already has a friction modifier in it so I won’t need an LS additive
Some Tacoma's of that generation were unusually sensitive with regards to their LSD units. Some brands of fluid, no matter how much LSD additive you add, would have chatter issues.

• Wow
Reactions: D60
Back