14 Cruze diesel 9,826 AMSOIL DP530 5w-30

It seems that the source of fuel makes a difference. My last UOA was all fuel from BP, this last UOA is all fuel from a local super market called Harris Teeter. That is the only thing different other than going another 5k miles almost. Going to go back to BP fuel and see if it trends back down. This was using a Wix oil filter and AMSOIL's DP530 5w-30 diesel oil. I added AMSOIL' s Diesel Injector clean with Cetane Boost to every tank. An 8oz bottle and the tank filled to the top holds 14 gallons but to the top I can get an extra 3 gallons in.

Fuel dilution and water are the best yet, which makes me think it was the quality of the fuel that messed this run up.

2014 CruzeUOADec2022BITOG.jpg

Very Interesting... but I will admit it looks kind of lousy as you're already well aware. Is the diesel the same grade (#2 or #1) at both locations? Wonder if you can find out who supplies both stations to find out if they are indeed separate (not the same supplier for both stations).

Very Interesting... but I will admit it looks kind of lousy as you're already well aware. Is the diesel the same grade (#2 or #1) at both locations? Wonder if you can find out who supplies both stations to find out if they are indeed separate (not the same supplier for both stations).
Good question. I might try to find out. I'm sure the individuals that work at each place don't have a clue but maybe they can get me in touch with someone that can help. Before this I always ran fuel from Sheetz, another convenient store and never had issues. But since we moved there isn't a Sheetz here.

Back