'13 Audi Q7 TDI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got my '13 Audi Q7 TDI. Curious on what VW uses as Factory Fill?

Not many VW 507 oils out there. Do they make a Castrol SLX 5W-40? Or is that only a 5W-30?

Originally Posted By: OtisBlkR1
i googled your new Q7 thats a nice ride, what color did you get ?

shocked.gif
just saw the MSRP of 65k, that's almost as much as my parents paid to build their house 5 years ago...

The factory fill is most likely a specially blended oil for just that app, your best bet is to contact AudiUSA and get a hold of a real person and ask them. The most they will be able to tell you is who the blender is, not the additives, if you want that do a UOA.

Enjoy your suv, looks really nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
awesome truck! Id go back to your dealer and aske what they use for the free services. That's the important thing to know...

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
awesome truck! Id go back to your dealer and aske what they use for the free services. That's the important thing to know...

Looks like 5w30 is your choice if you want to run Audi approved 507 oils....
The easiest of which to obtain for me is Liqui Moly...available at any NAPA.

Last edited:
Its Glacier White/Blk Interior.

Audi pays for the 1st Oil Change/Service @ 5,000mi. I will try to ask then. I guess Castrol SLX 5W-30 will do for now. I tend not to go lighter that a 40 in a Diesel.

Originally Posted By: Phishin
Originally Posted By: JHZR2

Looks like 5w30 is your choice if you want to run Audi approved 507 oils....
The easiest of which to obtain for me is Liqui Moly...available at any NAPA.

I use Liqui Moly Synthoil 5/40 High Tech and it holds up well with a TBN of 4.7 after 10K km in my severe service prone engine (Volvo 1.9TD). Not sure if you can get the Diesel Synthoil in the US, as it might be slightly better for a diesel, as the normal High Tech Synthoil was designed for a Porsche engine in additive terms. All the LM oils are good in my opinion.

Originally Posted By: Balla
Its Glacier White/Blk Interior.

Audi pays for the 1st Oil Change/Service @ 5,000mi. I will try to ask then. I guess Castrol SLX 5W-30 will do for now. I tend not to go lighter that a 40 in a Diesel.

Ya but that diesel has more in common with a direct injection gasoline engine than your F350.

My point is that this engine is not the working horse your truck is so don't assume it needs to be treated as such. Use the right oil for the health of the engine & exhaust treatment system in place.

Blauparts has Ravenol on sale.
I just ordered the 507 spec and some MolyLube additive. Would this MolyLube hurt the DPF and the cat?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: whizbyu
Blauparts has Ravenol on sale.
I just ordered the 507 spec and some MolyLube additive. Would this MolyLube hurt the DPF and the cat?

Does your manual say add Moly, or does it say DO NOT USE OIL ADDITIVES. The idea of adding anything to a major brand 507 rated oil is very interesting as you will wreck the precise balance of the oils additives package. If you add a can of cheap Moly from a snake oil company it could cause corrosion and most UOA results for Moly use where a major brand oil was in use, got worse after the Moly was added. If you use El cheapo supermarket oil it might improve things, but the idea that you will improve a good oil with a can of snake oil is a joke.

Last edited:
Mobil 1 ESP 5W-30 at Pep Boys. On sale for decent price several times a year.
Amsoil Euro Low-SAPS 5W-30 available online or through one of their dealers, such as Pablo on this website.
Both recommended for VW 507.

I would expect it would be filled with a 5w30 oil, most likely low saps for the DPF.

Castrol Edge C3 looks a good match.

5w30 is an extremely common viscosity in Europe for several years now.

It is what my Pathfinder is specced for.

I would doubt if it would be specced up for a 5w40 or similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back