10W40 vs 0W40

My parents 2012 X5 with the 4.4 V8 twin turbo is on its last legs and sounds like a bucket of bolts being shaken upon cold starts.. I found out their auto shop has been using 0w20/5w20 for the past few years in their engine... We live in South Florida where its quite warm. Maybe lots of owners have made the same mistake using oils much too thin for their engine.
Go to the shop and tell them to do something else as they lost their way into this business.

As I've said a few times, when you get down to the very low temperatures, different pour point enhancers are used that are unknown to the formula. This is a generally accurate calculation formula based on 40º and 100º temperatures. Pour point modifiers have no effect at that point.
As a side note, since Adobe Flash is going away, I'm working on an html 5 version, but don't have a date yet to have it finished. If it is not working for you, find a browser that still runs flash.

As I've said a few times, when you get down to the very low temperatures, different pour point enhancers are used that are unknown to the formula. This is a generally accurate calculation formula based on 40º and 100º temperatures. Pour point modifiers have no effect at that point.
As a side note, since Adobe Flash is going away, I'm working on an html 5 version, but don't have a date yet to have it finished. If it is not working for you, find a browser that still runs flash.
Nice job concerning the restorations.

Beautiful cars, Sir!

Back