101 Cookbooks

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is one of my favorite blogs right now, never mind the fact that I've always loved reading through cookbooks anyway. I'm pretty sure I've posted things from her on this board before, but if any of you guys haven't been over here yet, you should at least check it out. She tends to go a little overboard with the whole wheat thing now and again, but overall, I think her recipes are fantastic and she's also a very fun writer to read. Here's a few selections that I haven't gotten around to making yet for one reason or another; if someone happens to beat me to any of them let us know how they turned out:

plump pea dumplings
spicy polenta-cheese crackers
blackberry limeade

baby lima soup with chipotle broth
mushroom casserole
bulgur, celery, and pomegranate salad

lime-peanut coleslaw
roast banana-pumpkin breakfast bread
Maya's Day of the Dead cookies

She likes reading cookbooks too (big surprise): http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/favorite-cookbooks-bryant-terry-recipe.html

I think that one's all in your head buddy!
grin2.gif

If you guys go on a road trip south of the border, make sure to have a Mexican donut mascot in case you need a disguise.

25j8uua.jpg

Originally Posted By: Sabina Welserin
Then take the goose liver and with it ten plums and put them in the goose and sew it up underneath and put it on a spit. It will be good. And when you serve it then open it up.
Uhh, ok.
LOL.gif
10.gif

Cool Shannow, thanks.
11.gif
She was a big fan of tarts, I noticed.

T-bone or porterhouse "USDA Choice" are on sale at the local grocer, $5.89 per pound, gotta go stock up for the holiday weekend! Steak and beer, steak and beer, steak and beer, potatoes!

banana2.gif

Yes yes, steaks and beers. We usually end up getting bratwurst (and beer) if I don't make menus. Maybe you can find a vegetarian marinade.
grin2.gif
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back