1 million mile Ford Van

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has his own site.

Million mile van

Yep, normal Valvoline conventional. Gasp!

no Maxlife.. Just think how many miles he could have gone with it..
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
Wonder why my 1990 F150 went through 3 transmissions by 150k?

Or my 1999 Ford Taurus went through 2 sets of head gaskets by 108k?

Or my 1994 F150 and 2 power steering pumps by 70k?

Not too Ford "tough" for me.

Take care, Bill

You would think with that many issues with your Fords you would stay away.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Built Ford Tough.

Not too Ford "tough" for me.. (ok it was tough to deal with it)
grin2.gif

I think this guy could have done the same with a Dodge van, Chevy or Ford. There are plenty of them out there doing excellent service.

They are not the only MFG to make outfits go that far. There was a guy last year who did 1 mill in his Chevy truck.

Chevy 1milion mile truck

Youtube of Chevy 1 million mile van

There is one Chevy van that ran Amsoil with photos of the teardown (impressive) but it is a link to another dealer. I've sent it to Pabs to see if he can get it shown...

Take care, Bill

Built Ford tough {except for}

Econolines are beasts. Everyone I know who has one beats the [censored] out of it and avoids maintenance like the plague; yet, they all swear by these vans and won't buy anything else.

Originally Posted By: Mustang2008Z
He has used Valvoline since he bought it. Valvoline sent him a cap.(Wow...lol) I think Ford should give him a new van, and Valvoline should give him lifetime oil changes on his new van. IMO. He needs to also say what oil filters he uses, then the oil filter company could give him lifetime oil filters too. Even air filters, find out what air filter he was using, and that company needs to give him lifetime air filters.

Marketing bonanza....IMO...
Ford wants you to buy new cars every 3 years!!!

Originally Posted By: ARB1977

Not too Ford "tough" for me.

Take care, Bill

You would think with that many issues with your Fords you would stay away.

And I have. The last Ford truck I bought was a 1994. (bought a Chevy in 96 and 00)

My last Ford car was the 99 Taurus.

The minimal cold-hot cycles and long lengths of steady-state will maximize the service life of any vehicle.

Joel

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Built Ford Tough.

Not too Ford "tough" for me.. (ok it was tough to deal with it)
grin2.gif

I think this guy could have done the same with a Dodge van, Chevy or Ford. There are plenty of them out there doing excellent service.

They are not the only MFG to make outfits go that far. There was a guy last year who did 1 mill in his Chevy truck.

Chevy 1milion mile truck

Youtube of Chevy 1 million mile van

There is one Chevy van that ran Amsoil with photos of the teardown (impressive) but it is a link to another dealer. I've sent it to Pabs to see if he can get it shown...

Take care, Bill

Luck of the draw I guess. I had a few Chevy's in my day and had some issues that had me hating them at the time. I had 2 Chrysler Slant 6's that everyone said was one of the best engines ever made. I hated them, in fact they were actually good for forecasting rainy weather days before it rained. I could tell by the way they started, if they started, when it was going to rain.
grin2.gif
Yet millions of people swore buy them!

Fords gave me good service, YMMV. Don't get me wrong there are lemons in every make and model, I got lucky with my Fords, and only hope my Jeep treats me as well, which BTW is a Chrysler
frown.gif
So far so good!
banana2.gif

And I have. The last Ford truck I bought was a 1994. (bought a Chevy in 96 and 00)

How are the Chevys holding up?

Originally Posted By: ARB1977

How are the Chevys holding up?
96 has over 250k. The 00 was not driven much so it has a little over 70k on it.

Never had to take the 00 back for warranty service and the 96 had to have a re-flash of the ECU for a TSB.

Also the big thing is the plastics on the GM vehicles is MUCH better than the Fords. Esp the dash and power window areas.

Take care, Bill

So he adds a quart every other fill-up. What size gas tank does it have? Even if he has a 40 gallon tank and gets 15 mpg, that a quart every 1200 miles. 100,00 miles a year and he is adding about 80 quarts. If he does a 10k OCI he changes 6 quarts every 10k miles or 60 quarts a year. He burns more than he changes!

Originally Posted By: LAGA
So he adds a quart every other fill-up. What size gas tank does it have? Even if he has a 40 gallon tank and gets 15 mpg, that a quart every 1200 miles. 100,00 miles a year and he is adding about 80 quarts. If he does a 10k OCI he changes 6 quarts every 10k miles or 60 quarts a year. He burns more than he changes!

That's nothing compared to some of the Saturns on here.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Originally Posted By: LAGA

That's nothing compared to some of the Saturns on here.

WOW.........
27.gif
LOL....

Originally Posted By: ryansride2017
I would throw up if I had to add a quart of oil each time I filled my car up, regardless of how many miles were on it. He probably filled-up once a day! Imagine that....a quart of oil per day!!
That is a whole $2.00!!!

LOL! I was going to say, our old Saturn with only 15% of the milage burned twice as much oil.

All highway miles or not, good for him. I only WISH I could get that many miles out of our Windstar (no way in [censored] is that going to happen..)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back