$1,300+ monthly payment????!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummm...there is NO free speech on BITOG. Go post a few more swear words and see how free your speech is here. It's a private plateform and if you swear, talk about politics, religion, or CV-19 they can and will restrict that speech and we ALL AGREE TO IT when we sign up. If you come to my business you have NO right to free speech in my office. That's just a fact of the Constitution and nothing about that has changed in centuries.

Again, is your BUSINESS a platform for speech? It's a big difference to have a business to conduct commerce and a business for social intercourse. And you should note, if you cared about proper debate and not emotional outbursts, I never said social media should be FORCED to allow any speech. So your point is a strawman. I said that we should be concerned when a business with the PURPOSE of exchanging ideas wants to censor ideas and speech. I have no issue with people spouting off all their lunacy and wild ideas, let them have at it, I know how to ignore things and don't feel that I need to force others to live by my ideals. Watch.

That's freedom and I can not argue for my freedom while restricting others. But then I am not an authoritarian, so my first thoughts are not "I don't like that, we should ban it.". YMMV

Again, was anyone censored from Twitter for Politics? Come on, the whole PLATFORM is politics. Same for religion and COVID. Let me know with BITOG bans you for talking about oil, then it's apples to apples. LMAO

I think people mixed more often thousands of years ago than we would think.

I started doing some reading about pyramids and there is a striking amount of similarities and quality of workmanship between them all over different continents. There is evidence of high speed drilling and cutting. The technology seems to be at a very similar level. How would all these different civilizations, separated by oceans and often time, have so much in common?

Again, is your BUSINESS a platform for speech? It's a big difference to have a business to conduct commerce and a business for social intercourse. And you should note, if you cared about proper debate and not emotional outbursts, I never said social media should be FORCED to allow any speech. So your point is a strawman. I said that we should be concerned when a business with the PURPOSE of exchanging ideas wants to censor ideas and speech. I have no issue with people spouting off all their lunacy and wild ideas, let them have at it, I know how to ignore things and don't feel that I need to force others to live by my ideals. Watch.

That's freedom and I can not argue for my freedom while restricting others. But then I am not an authoritarian, so my first thoughts are not "I don't like that, we should ban it.". YMMV

Again, was anyone censored from Twitter for Politics? Come on, the whole PLATFORM is politics. Same for religion and COVID. Let me know with BITOG bans you for talking about oil, then it's apples to apples. LMAO
So the Constitution now needs to consider the type of business and if it's a private business that allows people to talk about politics then it's a different set of rules than if it's a private business that doesn't? That's not how the Constitution works and if it did it would be anarchy because who gets to decide which "types" of business that CAN'T exercise THEIR RIGHT to autonomy and to prohibit free speech? That called a moving goal post-Constitution and that would be anarchy - and make the Constitution worthless.

We are deep into divisive, political issues. Too many to moderate.

Let’s end the discussion here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back