1/2 green and 1/2 gold ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

par

anybody given any thought to mixing green and gold? I have about 10 qts, 5 of each.

Any benefit to mixing? `

I would put in whatever you have in the engine right now. Even though it won't hurt, I would not keep changing the ingredients difference back & forth because the two do not have identical components.

Something is up with the colors. A while back I put both green and gold GC in my Jeep 4.0 when I changed the oil and filter. I went to drain it today and guess what? All the gold GC came out then the green GC came out. It sorta freeked me out.

Is this normal???
wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by 1maniac:
Something is up with the colors. A while back I put both green and gold GC in my Jeep 4.0 when I changed the oil and filter. I went to drain it today and guess what? All the gold GC came out then the green GC came out. It sorta freeked me out.

Is this normal???
wink.gif

Next time, pour the gold in first. First one down the valve cover hole is always the first one out the oil pan.
smile.gif

5-quart sump. I was just wondering if mixing would give the best overall use of the 5qts of each color.

I did not think of this yesterday but I wonder if, when I get home, the green and gol will seperate in my drain pan??

A guy from Pittsburgh contemplating Green and Gold? You're not a closet Packers fan are you?
wink.gif

I think I've totally put my worries about "clashing" add-packs to the wayside... While there is certainly evidense from Bob- that some certain aftermarket addatives can have unwelcomed effects in certain situations(lucas)- but Typically any bottle of motor oil will state, on the back somewhere, that it is fully compatable with other motor oils. leading me to believe, that for the most part, there is no "significant" danger in "mixing" different breeds of oils. We have a large number of folks here on BOTIG who do their own "mixing"... redline+havoline+mobil etc etc, to create some "ultimate" blend that they like the thought of, and they aren't having any problems. For all we know, they may be acheiving a higher level of oil quality in doing so. taking conservative amounts of the benifits from different oils and mixing them to create a good all-around oil.

You could do just about anything ya want with the green and gold- heck, you could use the green 1 quart at a time mixed with 4 quarts gold on each change. While the formulations are a bit different- more than likally both oils will perform very well in just about any engine calling for a 30wt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back