'09 Mercury Sable - opinions please

Status
Not open for further replies.
My parents have had an '07 Montego AWD (older twin with 3.0 CVT). They haven't had any issues with it. They too like the raised height/seating. The newer ones with 3.5 Duratec and 6 spd are a nice combo. I wouldn't hesitate. The 3.5 is solid.

I'm assuming you've been through autotrader? It is pretty easy to find out what a car should be selling for in your area on there. I personally don't mind driving a few hrs to buy a used car if it is exactly what I want. As for the car itself I haven't heard anything bad about them and the ones I've rode in seemed nice.

bought it. didn't haggle. paid the asking $9994.
total sale was a little over 11, put 3 down. ~$150/mo for 60 mo.
selling the Neon to my buddy's mom,$2,700. to "replace" a 2010 Sonata they'd been Leasing.
- i thought she wanted it for her 18yr old...

Originally Posted By: nwjones18
I'm assuming you've been through autotrader? It is pretty easy to find out what a car should be selling for in your area on there. I personally don't mind driving a few hrs to buy a used car if it is exactly what I want. As for the car itself I haven't heard anything bad about them and the ones I've rode in seemed nice.

this one was what i wanted, just didn't realize it @ first. thought i wanted another Dodge...
now all 3 cars in this household have the same engine
2009 Sable Premium
2009 Taurus Limited
2012 Explorer base

Didn't haggle?...
21.gif

Originally Posted By: earlyre
bought it. didn't haggle. paid the asking $9994.
total sale was a little over 11, put 3 down. ~$150/mo for 60 mo.
selling the Neon to my buddy's mom,$2,700. to "replace" a 2010 Sonata they'd been Leasing.
- i thought she wanted it for her 18yr old...

Originally Posted By: nwjones18

this one was what i wanted, just didn't realize it @ first. thought i wanted another Dodge...
now all 3 cars in this household have the same engine
2009 Sable Premium
2009 Taurus Limited
2012 Explorer base

Not only the same engine but same engine and platform!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back