'08 Corolla noticable varnish after Castrol GTX

Varnish isn't anything to worry about it, but keep an eye on it. If it turns to sludge then you got issues to address!

My mom bought an '07 Matrix, which has essentially the same engine(1ZZ-FE). My experience with the dealer's Genuine Toyota dino oil is that the recommended 5000 mile interval is already pushing the limits of the Toyota dino oil--you can feel the drag on the drivetrain--and breaking past it usually results in the oil acquiring a nasty, almost brownish-green, opaqueness to it. It began its life with dino and has used dino oil mostly since the dealer has a 35 dollar rebate every three months, making about 6 quarts of the oil basically free. The varnish around the fill hole has been there since the beginning of its life.

Where's all that varnish that was mentioned? It looks spotless to me.
21.gif

I'd say given the images you've posted, use a quality oil of your choice and don't look back. Some other issue will do your car in long before an oil related issue will
happy2.gif

A few Options : Sub 1 qrt. of oil with MMO and run a 3K mile OCI , Ditto but run 1 qrt. of Rislone High Mileage , or lastly run 5 oz. of Seafoam in the oil over the last 200 ~ 300 miles of the OCI . All work and I have never had any trouble using with multiple engines of various age .

Back