06 mustang filter recomendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was my Mustang, I would just stick with the Motorcraft filter.

Mobil 1 filters are great, but I would not spend 12 bucks on any oil filter.

I'm envious- the '05-'06 Mustang is the first car in many years that makes me smile every time I meet one on the road.
grin.gif
Trey, if that was my nice new Mustang I'd stick with the Motorcraft filters too.

The real question is, is a M-1 filter better than 3 or 4 Motorcrafts?
wink.gif
The answer is, Nope.

EDIT: Hey Trey, is your Mustang the V-6 or V-8? And just where is the oil filter that's so easy to get to?
cheers.gif

i usually just like matching the oil and filter. but in this case looks like i'm going with mobil 1 oil and a motorcraft filter.

i have the V8 and actually my brother changed my first oil change and said it was very easy to do. so i can't actually answer that question.

i would definitly stick with motorcraft oil filters especially since they made the out put holes on the flow tube much larger and numerous this is on the fl820s

"I'm envious- the '05-'06 Mustang is the first car in many years that makes me smile every time I meet one on the road. Trey, if that was my nice new Mustang I'd stick with the Motorcraft filters too." ... Agreed on both counts.

quote:

Originally posted by trey:
i usually just like matching the oil and filter. . . .

Why??????

Guess I better go find some Mann oil somewhere.

The MC is the perfect filter for that engine, regardless of the oil you use.

Always Motorcraft on my '98 GT. Next time I go through Wal-Mart I need to pick up a few... you never know if they're going to be there or not.
patriot.gif

Motorcraft at $3.28 a filter at Wally's World vs. $10.99 For Mobil1 EP at the auto store. Hmmmmmm Uhhh Motorcraft Please.

Heck I even use MC for my MOPAR!

I use the Motorcraft filter and MC 5W20 in my O6 Mustang GT. It is a very easy vehicle to service. This was a plus the first time I changed it. The filter was on so tight from the factory that I destroyed it getting it off with a good pliers type filter wrench. I use Rhino ramps which work great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back