04 Toyota Camry UOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pablo
I never went thru a dealer. I found out about amsoil thru the internet. Then I called the techs at amsoil. The amsoil techs knew everything I planned on doing. They told me everything was top of the line. I was nervous from the start with a new car and all, but the assured me that this was the way to go and it was top of the line. They also wanted me to install with no breaking, but I waited for 15 hundred miles before installing amsoils system.Amsoil did not have air filter to fit my Camry so they okayed a k-n for their tri-guard system. When i recieved my tri-guard kit there was no mention of tbn . I sent in the first sample at 1000 miles like they wanted. As I nervously waited for all three UOA, they all stated that the oil was good an continue to use. After the last UOA I started to search the net and found bitog and posted my UOA results and am now dealing with Terry. While I am sitting on pins and needles wondering what I have done to my poor camry. If you read above I talked to Darren at amsoil last week and he stands by the UOA #s and says to continue to use the oil.

Thank you for your advise. Hope to hear from you again.

Did Darren say to keep using the "TSO" oil or did Darren say to not drain your old "TSO" oil?
What is Darren's title? Is he the guy that answers the phone on the tech line?
Did Darren disclose what Amsoil's condemnation limits are for Iron, Silicon or gasoline?
Anyone else happen to know?
The Amsoil sponsors on BITOG are great guys.
Every OTHER Amsoil rep or employee I've met or heard about 2nd-hand leaves me with more questions than answers.

Rest assured that you have not damaged your engine.

Darren is a Tech Service guy. Nice enough guy, fairly smart I suppose but he tows the company line and doesn't have the time to dedicate to your circumstance.

The sad thing is that after the improper info fed to you by Amsoil HQ, Terry will come back and tell you not to use Amsoil. Again, the oil did pretty good - I think the main issue is going beyond 12 months.

Tom jones 76, darron told me and the three uoa to continue to use the oil i have in engine. Darron is a tech who answers the tech phone, told me he was quilified. He said there limit for iron is 150 - 200 ppm depends on other numbers silicon was high from new engine and to check airbox I asked him why this was not on my uoa, he could not answer. Gasoline was from idle in morning. thanks for your reply

Pabs, I like Amsoil and suggest its use many times to customers. I particularily like the GrpIII based XL7500 5w20. It is a great oil.

In this case Bully is cleaning things up and once we get his engine running clean and neat he can use whatever oil he chooses.

I make recommendations based on the facts and results of oil analysis. Not what a corporation tells my customer. I think the analysis speaks reams to what kind of triguard protection bully was getting for his money! Not the oils fault.

Terry

Pablo
So you are telling me that I shouldnt have listend to Amsoil rep , cause he tows the company line? And just what is the company line? What about the guy who did my uoa,I should not of listend to him either? then what is the purpose of doing a uoa? Iam sorry if i am talking out of school here.And I am glad you took the time to respond to my post.hope to hear back.

I'm not saying you shouldn't listen to him. But he is just a paid data point. I personally and professionally think he was out of line for recommending you go beyond 12 months!! Unless your oil metals are really ugly (over 100 ppm Fe), they will say continue running.

The company line is they stand behind a the Trigard system, but with a K&N, new car, going over 12 months - they should have said halt at one year.

Again don't stress, just change your oil. Your car will be 100% fine.

Bully, glad you found the site. As you can see, there is a ton of info on here and many knowledgable people. Terry is one of the best around and just follow what he says and you should be fine.
Pablo, Terry has not ever said to me one way or another what brand of oil to use (I have used several), it is more of a "if it works in your engine, use it" response, althoug I am not an Amsoil user.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back