04 Civic LX UOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any thoughts on my UOA or why they didn't say anything about the high sodium level? 5,400 miles on 5w20 Castrol Syntec Blend.

63895884.jpg

Last edited:
Castrol has it as a add so no need to comment.

The website here re-sizes the jpgs so it messes with the UOA...
smirk2.gif

Looks good. I wish the Tin was not there and a little lower lead but we don't know your driving style or how the car is operated.

Good TBN.

Bill

All city miles with easy acceleration. Shifting around 3k RPM with a few times a month taking it to redline. Oil was in the car for 5months in 90-100F+ weather.

what Bill said. I would try somethig other than syntec. Maybe PP or even a brand name dino like YB or gtx for a 5k oci.

Quote:
why they didn't say anything about the high sodium level?

If it was at that level and didn't belong there, the wear from abrasion would be astronomical and not at the sub band of the noise level. You would have to run behind a plow train with salt spreaders on overdrive without an air cleaner for more hours than you have fuel for to have that residual in the oil.

As Bill said, sodium is part of the additive formulation in GTX and Syntec Blend. The results look very good to me. I had a random spot of Tin show up when I used Pennzoil Platinum last winter and I haven't had it repeat itself. Wasn't really sure what to think of it, but the car's still running strong. I ran Syntec Blend 5W-30 for my last oil change and I wish I would've gotten a UOA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back