Trade up for newer Ford F-250 PSD

Say I found a $50K dollar bill in a parking lot and wanted to trade from my 2015 Ford F250 PSD 4WD to a low mileage 2022 or 2023. Mine has 150K miles. Besides less miles what would I get? Safety features?

As I get older some safety features may become more important.

Some cars have blind-spot notification but my F250 has a large parabolic mirror under the regular mirror and that does very well for seeing a vehicle in blind spot.

I think the newer PSD have an improved fuel filter. I don't need a 10 speed. 6 speed seems good enough.

Truck has been sprayed with CarWell and NH Coatings. We live in DE now. Don't drive on the beach and I avoid driving on the one or two times a year they brine the road waiting for snow that never comes.

Say I found a $50K dollar bill in a parking lot and wanted to trade from my 2015 Ford F250 PSD 4WD to a low mileage 2022 or 2023. Mine has 150K miles. Besides less miles what would I get? Safety features?

Some cars have blind-spot notification but my F250 has a large parabolic mirror under the regular mirror and that does very well for seeing a vehicle in blind spot.

I think the newer PSD have an improved fuel filter. I don't need a 10 speed. 6 speed seems good enough.

Truck has been sprayed with CarWell and NH Coatings. We live in DE now. Don't drive on the beach and I avoid driving on the one or two times a year they brine the road waiting for snow that never comes.
Being me I wouldn't do it unless I was getting the gas one which is surprisingly good and powerful but of course not as powerful as the psd. How much do you tow, how steep is the grade you tow at because that's when both the extra power and more importantly the better engine brake of the psd make sense.

Take it to a very good detailer - drive another 50k while thinking about it …

Being me I wouldn't do it unless I was getting the gas one which is surprisingly good and powerful but of course not as powerful as the psd. How much do you tow, how steep is the grade you tow at because that's when both the extra power and more importantly the better engine brake of the psd make sense.
First Delaware is flat, no steep anything. In fact it's so flat that when your dog runs away, two days later you can still see him running.

My truck besides trips to Home Depot and Lowe's is mainly needed if I have to tow my 27' Chaparral boat some place to use it or for repairs. If I cannot fix it myself then I need to tow it somewhere what can fix it. The marina it was in only talks outboards.

I have towed boats a little smaller than this size with a 1/2 ton Suburban. No thanks. The trailer pushes around the tow vehicle too much.

First Delaware is flat, no steep anything. In fact it's so flat that when your dog runs away, two days later you can still see him running.

My truck besides trips to Home Depot and Lowe's is mainly needed if I have to tow my 27' Chaparral boat some place to use it or for repairs. If I cannot fix it myself then I need to tow it somewhere what can fix it. The marina it was in only talks outboards.

I have towed boats a little smaller than this size with a 1/2 ton Suburban. No thanks. The trailer pushes around the tow vehicle too much.
Flat like a lizard drinking water 😶

I don’t think enough has changed.

1. I would absolutely keep the 2015 PSD, especially since you only need to tow on vague occasion, and could for that use case simply rent something. Keep the known good truck you have.

2. Use that 50k to literally buy whatever you want. Volvo XC, bmw X-something or sedan. Little bmw 328 diesel. New RAV4.

I don’t think enough has changed.

1. I would absolutely keep the 2015 PSD, especially since you only need to tow on vague occasion, and could for that use case simply rent something. Keep the known good truck you have.

2. Use that 50k to literally buy whatever you want. Volvo XC, bmw X-something or sedan. Little bmw 328 diesel. New RAV4.
Or use the $50K for a newer bigger boat

Keep the one you have my real work trucks are Super Duties from 99 up to 10 ...... Have had super duty trucks since 1990 with a few from GM sprinkled in the mix and while they have always been my toughest each succession along the way has been a step ever so slightly backwards in my opinion

I could have new ones but I will use the current 2 until they have to be combined into one truck and then finally go all out on a Lariat again

The money they want is just getting plain silly

Unless you want a cab update or aluminum body, not really any reason to do it if your truck is solid. Given how many of Ford's trucks sat around in parking lots from 2021 to 2023, I'd personally stay away from those years. I also prefer the 6-speed, but I might just be weird.

Just for fun I played with the builder tool for a 2024 F-350...very easy to break $100k. That's salty for a truck.

I have decided that if and when I find a $50K dollar bill in parking lot I will divide it up between all those who responded with helpful information.

I have decided that if and when I find a $50K dollar bill in parking lot I will divide it up between all those who responded with helpful information.
Humm... If they be the case, are you strictly loyal to the Blue Oval? :) Opening up your choices to the other two big dogs may increase your search results.

Back