Super tec reason my motor is junk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always run parts master oil and I recently switched to Super TEC oil for the cost savings. After the switch, after 2 oil changes my chevy 350 5.7 developed MAJOR oil pressure issues. I am really thinking it is the cheap super tec oil that caused the issues. Is this what ruined my engine???
SuperTech from Walmart is as good as any off the shelf motor oil. It's the same oil Costco and Amazon sells from Warren Distributing. A well known quality product.

I have always run parts master oil and I recently switched to Super TEC oil for the cost savings. After the switch, after 2 oil changes my chevy 350 5.7 developed MAJOR oil pressure issues. I am really thinking it is the cheap super tec oil that caused the issues. Is this what ruined my engine???
After this thread you started, I think the answer is clear. Starting up a 30 year old truck, and running it without oil, and then continuing to operate it with low oil pressure, are what caused your problem.

I think we can address your issues in that thread. This one is closed. I have deleted the unkind comments about the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back