Redline MT90 with LSD?

I literally just put some MT90 in my Yaris c50 transmission that has a TRD clutch type LSD...and now I am worried. I thought I had read it was fine to use with an LSD but after reading the bottle (after pouring it in, doh!) I see nothing on it about LSDs. I have the same stuff in my AX car, but it has a helical LSD so it does not have any special needs, beyond GL4.

I poked around the internet some say yes its ok some say no (yay vague answers). What does the BITOG hive think? Should I immediately change it or give it a go and see what it does? I really have not been driving it much lately, first time Ive driven it in a couple weeks.

Drove it a couple more times including some in rain. The LSD drives the same, I can hear the inside wheel skip along slow corners and when I hammer out of a corner the car just hooks in and goes.

The shift action has gotten much smoother which is what I was primarily after. Its the best it's felt in a long time.

MT-90 is good stuff. Additionally, I wish the Mazdaspeed 3 trans was a direct swap for my regular 3. I want that extra gear and LSD!

You can swap them, but the shifter inside won't look right if you make it functional. That's the scuttlebutt, anyway. 😆

Back