Rear caliper on 2014 Taurus

I am going to be helping a friend change a leaking rear caliper in a 2014 Ford Taurus.

The rear caliper has a hook and the parking brake cable attaches to that hook. Are there any tricks to attaching that parking brake cable? Like attach it before I bolt the caliper in place?

Screenshot_20240423-170313.jpg

I only did rear calipers like that once, but I don't remember what I had to do with reattaching the cable :unsure:

Whenever I do anything on a Camry, I google up a You Tube video first. Works OK with household appliances too.

This. Youtube and forums are a big help with this kind of thing :)

If possible, watch more than one video and read more than one forum tutorial, if possible.

Ok finally helped my friend. The way the parking brake cable end goes over the hook on the caliper gave me some trouble taking the cable end off and putting it back on. I used a C-clamp to compress the caliper spring but still took a lot of finagling to get the cable end over the hook.

He must have run out of brake fluid prior to coming to my house as it took forever to bleed the brakes.

I bleed the brakes into a Speed Bleeder bag (like an IV at hospital). He had me empty the bag back into a brake fluid container so he could reuse. I told him a bad idea but he did not seem to want to waste the brake fluid used during the bleeding process.

Last edited:
Back