Phone hacked, brick and mortar saved me.

My iPhone was stolen a year ago, and recently someone bought $900 of crypto.
I called my cell provider and my PIN number had been changed.

I went to a Boost location and flopped down my ID and the credit card on file and got control of my account back.

Credit union put a stop and all is good so far.

It might be something to think about if someone has a carrier without a local storefront, it could be difficult to reach customer service, if something like this happens.

I’m thinking the convenience of an app for everything financial on my phone is not worth the risk.

My iPhone was stolen a year ago, and recently someone bought $900 of crypto.
I called my cell provider and my PIN number had been changed.

I went to a Boost location and flopped down my ID and the credit card on file and got control of my account back.

Credit union put a stop and all is good so far.

It might be something to think about if someone has a carrier without a local storefront, it could be difficult to reach customer service, if something like this happens.

I’m thinking the convenience of an app for everything financial on my phone is not worth the risk.
Why the year delay?

The minute your phone was kiped, the sh&* should have been shut down. Whatever was on the phone, changed or gone ASAP. Wow.

I’m not understanding this thread either.
First there were number of precautions you could take with an iPhone if it gets lost stolen just with the password alone and limit the number of times someone could attempt to unlock the phone.

But forget all that in a matter of seconds, I can go to the Find My feature and delete the information on any of my two Mac desktops, MacBook Air or on our iPhones.
What I’m saying is Apple gives you all the tools for such a thing but it’s up to the purchase it to learn how to use them

Last edited:
This is a good example of why not to do banking on your phone!

Ed
In the last decade I dont think I used a brick and mortar bank more than 5 times and I have trouble thinking of when 4 of those times were. 🤔 Come to think of it, I never even saw the bank building, I know one of them is 1000 miles away, the other maybe further.

Back