Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5W30 Vs Castrol Edge 5W30 - both same price

Is Platinum euro just better due to being thicker and euro? Or is there a diff reason

Because I assumed the ultra would have more additives compared to the same with a diff brand but same oil weight
The Ultra seems to use a mid-SAPS Euro-style add pack. To me it looks like it's made from at least two different Infineum additive packages, the main DI package, Trimer Moly, and proprietary Borate Esters. Looking at the FTIR graphs that I could find, the Borate Esters are the same ones used in Pennzoil Euro LX 0W-30 and Pennzoil Euro L 5W-30.

Better is a relative term. If you're shooting for the best fuel economy, then PUP will definitively give it to you.

If you're shooting for the best anti-wear performance and good fuel economy, Pennzoil Euro L 5W-30 and Euro LX 0W-30 are the way to go.

If you're shooting for the best anti-wear performance then Pennzoil Euro 0W-40, 5W-40, or QS Euro 5W-40 are the way to go. These have full-SAPS engine oils that prioritize anti-wear over friction reduction and fuel economy.

The comparison is not even, but for a daily driver, unless you are a spirited driver that likes to push their vehicle, I would use PUP, or one of the Pennzoil Euro L or LX oils. That said, I've seen at least one person on here use Pennzoil Euro L 5W-30 in their Chevy Camaro 6.2L on the track, and the results were excellent.

my vote is for the Pennzoil platinum ultra 5w-30,like the specs and gets positive reviews,and liking the base stock better, the Euro L -5w-30 is very good choice also.

Back