Oil filter for 2024 Ford E450/motorhome

I just bought a 2024 motorhome that's built on a Ford E450 super duty chassis with the 7.3l V8. I'm looking for a good filter for my first oil change. I plan on going 100% synthetic for oil - either M1 or possibly Castrol, not sure yet. But I have always purchased Wix XP filters in the past for my other vehicles. Wix shows the 51372 as the correct filter for that engine and chassis. When I looked for the 51372XP it's available at O'Reilly's which is right down the road, but their website says it doesn't fit my E450...huh? The XP line is for full synthetic oil, why would the regular 51372 fit but the XP won't? Is it because it's a super duty chassis? A bit confused at this point. To make it even more confusing there are two Motocraft filters listed for it, the FL820S and the FL1995A. Then there's M1 - they have two filters listed too, the M1-210A and the M1-601A. It looks like the FL1995A and M1-601A are longer filters. Runningn on a motorhome pulling a Jeep behind it maybe the extra oil would be a good idea? Suggestions?

fram endurance FE10575. the WIX XP line is nothing more than a glorified rock catcher and the entire wix line up has moved to M+H production so the quality is not what it once was

Looks like the catalog is just not up to date. When I look up 2024 Ford E450 7.3 Gas it only lists Microgard Select MSL51372, Wix 51372, and Motorcraft FL820S. There is no reason you couldn’t use a Wix XP for example. BUT I would honestly rather use a Microgard Select than a Wix XP anyway.

fram endurance FE10575. the WIX XP line is nothing more than a glorified rock catcher and the entire wix line up has moved to M+H production so the quality is not what it once was
I just looked on Fram's website. The Endurance line is at Walmart only which is OK by me as that's where I buy my oil anyway. Fram's website is showing the FE2 model filter for my vehicle. https://www.fram.com/engine-oil-filter-fe2 Page 9 lists the 21-23 E450 with the 7.3l engine, I figure they just haven't caught up with the 24 model year yet, but it's the same motor/chassis. I like that it's full synthetic and looks like it's well built. I don't run to the full interval anyway. I usually change once a year as I put on 4000 to 6000 miles at the most on a yearly basis. It's a hair shorter than the 820s but it's a bit wider. Thread pitch is the same as the 802s. Fram lists it on their cross reference page as a replacement for the 820s.

I just looked on Fram's website. The Endurance line is at Walmart only which is OK by me as that's where I buy my oil anyway. Fram's website is showing the FE2 model filter for my vehicle. https://www.fram.com/engine-oil-filter-fe2 Page 9 lists the 21-23 E450 with the 7.3l engine, I figure they just haven't caught up with the 24 model year yet, but it's the same motor/chassis. I like that it's full synthetic and looks like it's well built. I don't run to the full interval anyway. I usually change once a year as I put on 4000 to 6000 miles at the most on a yearly basis. It's a hair shorter than the 820s but it's a bit wider. Thread pitch is the same as the 802s. Fram lists it on their cross reference page as a replacement for the 820s.
if fram lists the FE2 then run it. 99% @ 20um and wire backed full synthetic media. same filter inside as the amsoil EO line and royal purple.

The Wix XP should fit just like the non XP at Oreilly's. If it's wire backed then run it but some XP's are not. You might be able to look through the holes inside the filter to see if it is.

Back