Motor Oil Geek..Oil & Fuel Additives

another great prolly truthful L Speed vid!!! i watched many of his vids + like + believe what he says + shows

He is selling his own oil, so always take it with a grain of salt, nevertheless the results are solid, and pretty much what I expected. On the other hand, glad he testet OilExtreme - love to see that the calcium and sodium levels are great (and pretty much nothing else in it). That may be bad for your injected turbo because of preignition, but that's totally fine for my 41 Chevy.
Lol 😂 no he’s not you’re not providing truthful information.

He is selling his own oil, so always take it with a grain of salt, nevertheless the results are solid, and pretty much what I expected. On the other hand, glad he testet OilExtreme - love to see that the calcium and sodium levels are great (and pretty much nothing else in it). That may be bad for your injected turbo because of preignition, but that's totally fine for my 41 Chevy.
I watched multiple videos of his and never seen him try to sell his own oil, yes he has mentioned Driven before but didn't say go buy it. And when it comes to most of his oil videos he talks about off the shelf products like Mobil 1, Pennzoil, Valvoline, etc.

He even personally has run Mobil 1 and Pennzoil products in his vehicles. I think the guy is pretty up front honest and brings a lot of educational information to the table.

I watched multiple videos of his and never seen him try to sell his own oil, yes he has mentioned Driven before but didn't say go buy it. And when it comes to most of his oil videos he talks about off the shelf products like Mobil 1, Pennzoil, Valvoline, etc.

He even personally has run Mobil 1 and Pennzoil products in his vehicles. I think the guy is pretty up front honest and brings a lot of educational information to the table.
I like his videos. I don't think he gets enough subscribers though compared to his know it all YT commenters.

I was watching him this morning on an old 55" TV my only beef is did he have a lip piercing?

It was driving me nuts and grossing me out but I couldn't really tell from far away.. 😆

Isn’t it a known fact that additive packages don’t mix well with pao base oils, thus the need for a small amount of other base oils?

I like his videos. I don't think he gets enough subscribers though compared to his know it all YT commenters.

I was watching him this morning on an old 55" TV my only beef is did he have a lip piercing?

It was driving me nuts and grossing me out but I couldn't really tell from far away.. 😆
It drives me absolutely crazy! I think Lake's lip lesion is a venous lake. Since he's on video, he needs to find someone with a laser and get that thing zapped off!

He will forever be known to me now as Venous Lake Speed Jr.

Last edited:
I was hoping someone posted this video. I think it's interesting about the fuel atomizing that's important to keep fuel dilution down via keeping the injectors clean. Makes perfect sense b/c when the fuel isn't atomizing correctly it won't combust properly leaving the leftover fuel combining into the oil. Also, just a reminder of the importance of a clean air filter to get the proper air/fuel mixture at all levels.
Also when it comes to direct injection engines, when the fuel doesn't atomize well more streams of fuel will directly hit the cylinder wall, that's generally the cause of LSPI is that DI injectors will spray an incidental fuel on the cylinder wall it combines with the oil on the cylinder wall and is dragged up by the upper ring during the compression stroke and that pool of oil/fuel around the upper ring can ingnite.

As I recently posted that I always get better gas mileage with Techron in the tank. My Tucson gets 32-32.5 mpg on a particular run. I have a tankfull of Techron right now and the mileage is 37.5mpg. It will drop back to normal when it is gone. @Zee09 should use it in his Maverick to see if he can break the 100mpg barrier.

As I recently posted that I always get better gas mileage with Techron in the tank. My Tucson gets 32-32.5 mpg on a particular run. I have a tankfull of Techron right now and the mileage is 37.5mpg. It will drop back to normal when it is gone. @Zee09 should use it in his Maverick to see if he can break the 100mpg barrier.
Thanks Waltage.
When I got over 97 mpg I quit doing it as I assumed I was boring the crowd. I'm thinking 100 mpg is easy to do especially with the warmer temps.
I'll try it again sometime soon.

Lake Speed Jr. is the son of former NASCAR driver and team owner Lake Speed. A former crew member for Chad Knaus at Melling Racing, Speed joined the Joe Gibbs team in 2004 and led the creation of Joe Gibbs Driven Racing Oil.
LOL. He's no longer with Joe Gibbs Racing.

Back