Malco banana creme wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sold at my local auto body supply store.
Have used their plum crazy glaze with good results.

Anyone ever use this wax?

Last edited:
I saw your post on hydro2. Looks interesting. I use ultima paint guard plus as my wowa currently. It does a nice job, and 3 month durability seems like the minimum. Takes 10 minutes to do a car, so just a bit longer.

The reason I asked about the wax is that sometimes some correction, or if feeling lazy-fillers, are needed to get a good outcome. All of the wowa products lack that ability. Looking for an easy wax with some hiding ability and decent durability for when I am looking for the easy way out.

If you can use UPGP in 10 minutes and still get satisfactory results, then I would stick with that. Hydr02 is about $3/car, I am not sure how UPGP fares from a cost standpoint

I've never used UPGP myself, but the last time that I tried one of those products, it left high spots that required me to go back and carefully buff off. The high spots were often not visible until I checked it under certain lighting conditions.

Judging by the size of your fleet, you may be better off correcting the paint and going with a coating such as CQuartz UK or Opti-Coat 2.0. This would drastically reduce your maintenance time.

Last edited:
UPGP works out to about $1 per car for me.
I have had great success with it on a metallic red corolla, an ice blue metallic Cruze, and my white Ram. The Acura did not pop like the others did after application. It is a deep blue metallic, driven by my 18 year old daughter, and after a few months subject to the odd surface scratches etc. that she never knows how they got there.... This is the car I am looking for something to help mask the blemishes when I am short on time.

The mustang is a show car, and hasn't seen rain in 30 years or more, it is the easiest car to keep as it is never dirty.

Then there is the boat, jetski,..... Lots of waxing/cleaning to do all the time. I enjoy it, but sometimes just need a shortcut to get by. I look at the corrections you have posted (Critic) and I am envious of the time you were able to dedicate to get it right.

Originally Posted By: paulswagelock
I saw your post on hydro2. Looks interesting. I use ultima paint guard plus as my wowa currently. It does a nice job, and 3 month durability seems like the minimum. Takes 10 minutes to do a car, so just a bit longer.

3 months would be a bare minimum from what I have seen, I get much longer durability with UPGP and opti-seal...and I've done over 40 cars with my UPGP bottle and it's still 1/4 full.

TheCritic

Can you tell us if the Hydro2 would work equally well with garden hose or it really needs the pressure washer? Can you try on your next detail?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back