Is the recommended 0-20 bad for engine life?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But what if someone like myself doesn’t want “good enough” protection on an engine I hope to run over 250k miles? Isn’t that the whole point of threads like this? We don’t want to settle for good enough, if we did we would use what the oil cap and manual says, as surely it’s recommended oil is “good enough”…. What if we want exceptional?
Define "exceptional" as it relates to the oil your OE recommends vs. the other oil you want to/do run?

I see a lot of hubbub about thin oils being inadequate and damaging engines, with zero evidence outside of circling back to “well thicker won’t hurt anyway”. If some of these esteemed pretendgineers worked at Honda im sure the 1.5t would be so successful that it would be licensed out to every other major manufacturer.

And please don’t insult me with that comparison again
Just confused, you have expressed discontent with said user as you made assumptions and shared opinions just as everyone else, but then turned and behaved just like said user acting as though everyone but you is a neophyte on the forum. I couldn’t tell if you were speaking in jest or actually started playing the other side…. At any rate - this poor thread is dead soon.

The difference is my comment was meant to be tongue in cheek, whereas it’s just how some others operate on a “normal” level. This forum has more locks than any other I’ve seen, probably a dozen away from matching Alcatraz

The difference is my comment was meant to be tongue in cheek, whereas it’s just how some others operate on a “normal” level. This forum has more locks than any other I’ve seen, probably a dozen away from matching Alcatraz
Perhaps BITOG has more locks because posters here are held to a higher standard than on other forums that allow name calling, bickering, profanity, bashing, hiding personal criticism under “humor” and other behaviors that BITOG does not.

You’re right. It’s lock time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back