Husqvarna carburetor

I have a 3 year old Husqvarna weedeater that needs a carburetor. I screwed now up and put a premix in can that included the gasoline last run of season and ran it dry for winter. I had a fuel line in tank that I found broken. Replaced tank and now if I get it started I have leave choke on and run wide open. Searching for carburetor resulted in lots of 8.99 special all the way up to over 100. Husqvarna carburetor is around 30.00 but you have to get gasket separately. Question is oem or cheap? Leaning towards oem.

I'm all for OEM and $30 is very reasonable, especially because the trimmer is only 3 years old and should last many more. Having said that, I have some 18+ year old beat-up Stihl trimmers that are getting long in the tooth and I used the cheap ebay carburetors and they work fine. You simply need to really pay attention to get the correct model.

Or just yank it off, tear it down for a clean. If it needs a rebuild, order an OE kit for it.

Had issues with my 30+ year old hand me down Husqvarna string trimmer. Bought an actual Walbro carb kit and did a proper cleaning. Biggest thing was cleaning the idle and low speed discharge holes in the venturi. I used a single strand of copper wire to run them through. It now runs like its brand new.

Back