How your Orange Can of Death is made

Status
Not open for further replies.
HandCrush.jpg

Originally Posted By: sm00thpapa
I think the Purolator classic is your best bet for a cheap filter that is pretty good. They go for $4.99 here as this Fram Extra Guard goes for $5.99.

The DriveWorks filters are the best cheap filter. I consider it a Chinese Donaldson... and for all I know, it could BE from Donaldson in China

Originally Posted By: sayjac

Lastly, unlike the orange can and tough guard the Xtended Guard is a quality well made filter, though still a bit pricey imo.

They just need to ditch the plastic bypass and then they've got a stout filter.

Originally Posted By: kemo
Originally Posted By: JOD
Originally Posted By: urchin
Originally Posted By: EricF

fram's either arrogant or ignorant.

They almost have to be arrogant because if they hid the cardboard end caps folks would jump on the fact even more.

You know throw it in your face, most people think if something is right out in front of them it can't be "bad" right???
33.gif

I've never heard anyone put forth a rational explanation as to why cardboard end caps are "bad". It's certainly easier to get a secure bond using similar materials, and honestly the end caps really don't do a whole lot anyway?

I don't understand the irrational fear of cardboard end caps.

IMG_0659.JPG

Nuff said.

The media is still attached to the end-caps. The end-caps have bent slitly, sure, but that could have happened from taking the filter apart.

Originally Posted By: kasedian
HandCrush.jpg

You can crush some paper and cardboard in your hand - good for you!

If you haven't noticed, liquid oil and your hand are two different things - oil doesn't do this to a filter.

Quote:
Quote:
HandCrush.jpg

You can crush some paper and cardboard in your hand - good for you!....

Actually it isn't 'kasedian' that crushed this orange can core. It's really ekpolk, moderator, who has posted this pic several times on several orange can threads over time. Here's just one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back