High Performance Lubricants PCMO Series

By "Meets or Exceeds", does for instance the 5W-30 have the dexos1 gen2 approval for use in an under warranty GM vehicle, do does it just meet the testing requirements and is not actually approved? Are they API approved (no starburst from what I can see), or does it just meet the requirements?

Where are the pds’s located on your site?

nvm, found them, need to be a member to view their pds’.

By "Meets or Exceeds", does for instance the 5W-30 have the dexos1 gen2 approval for use in an under warranty GM vehicle, do does it just meet the testing requirements and is not actually approved? Are they API approved (no starburst from what I can see), or does it just meet the requirements?

We use chemistry that is registrable Dexos 1 generation 2 and API SP. What you get with a cookbook formula is an oil that is much like the other oils on the market. The improvements we make carry us outside of the chemically restrained box of licenseability. Because we make oils for extended drains and severe service we do not produce commodity level products. The license process was originally intended to isolate inferior products. Once ceilings of chemistry came into play it now limits what one can do to improve performance.

I do not foresee a time that we would lower the performance level of our products to have a doughnut on the bottle.

David

Last edited:
I do not foresee a time that we would lower the performance level of out products to have a donut on the bottle.

David
With the lack of both Dexos 1 G2 and API donut approvals, do you foresee a smaller target market segment?
What customer is your target market?

In an effort to protect the consumer, can you provide independent 3rd party validation of the improvements you claim?

Last edited:
With the lack of both Dexos 1 G2 and API donut approvals, do you foresee a smaller target market segment?

In an effort to protect the consumer, can you provide independent 3rd party validation of the improvements you claim?

I absolutely foresee us having a small part of the market. In reality a very small part of the market. UOA reports from customers who are independent will be great validation. Testing we have done is both within and outside of our company. We have people on our staff that are excellent at what they do with dozens of patents under their belts. If someone feels that we are not honest or not credible then they will not likely be a good fit for us because they will have clearly have missed the premise that we build quality high performing products.

I absolutely foresee us having a small part of the market. In reality a very small part of the market. UOA reports from customers who are independent will be great validation. Testing we have done is both within and outside of our company. We have people on our staff that are excellent at what they do with dozens of patents under their belts. If someone feels that we are not honest or not credible then they will not likely be a good fit for us because they will have clearly have missed the premise that we build quality high performing products.
Would HPL be willing to post VOAs of some of the more popular oils?

I apologize. I missed one of your questions. Our target market is the person who buys a new vehicle and cares about that vehicle and wants to use something better than the standard over the counter oils. Some people want to take the best care they can of their vehicles, industrial equipment, race cars etc. The results oriented customer will be who we get along with. All of the teams that you see on our website are there for that reason. We do not write check 1 for any of those teams.

Back