ENGINEER EXPLAINS HOW OFTEN TO CHANGE OIL & FILTER // UPDATED CRITERIA-BASED RECOMMENDATIONS!

When people say this (anyone, not just "engineers"), to that I say change your oil every 1000 miles. Or even better, every 500 miles. By their logic, it has to be better for the engine, right ?
Good advise! ;)

There is a recent video of this guy with that Nissan engineer who said every 2k miles is when you should change it. Went from 3k to 2k in this latest video. Amazing how a guy that smart can be that dumb. Unreal.

There is a recent video of this guy with that Nissan engineer who said every 2k miles is when you should change it. Went from 3k to 2k in this latest video. Amazing how a guy that smart can be that dumb. Unreal.

There’s a whole, whole lot of that going on in this world….

Extremely intelligent people and yet so dumb at the same time.,.

I would only pay attention to the title if from either a chemical engineer that formulates motor oils, or a mechanical engineer that actually works in engine R&D. I'm an engineer and I work with many mechanical engineers but I don't think any of them know much in detail about motor oil. It's not something that most engineers need to understand at a deep level unless they work in this specific area of the industry. Even that Nissan engineer didn't design any of the engine, he's an assembly/manufacturing guy. We should probably listen to him on process improvement but not on motor oils.

Whose entertainment: his or ours?

Mostly his since these kind of folks want to show of the knowledge they acquired at the big university you know.

When people describe themselves as "doctor" you know it's time to put the boots on cause it's gonna get deep and stinky too!

Last edited:
Back