1994 honda accord lx auto stalling.

Taseku

I have a question, my 1994 honda accord lx 2door auto, has very low idle, (last line to 0-rpm), it stalls when I come to a stop at a light, (oil pressure light and battery light turns on after stalling.) Theres something wrong with my transmission: after i hit a certain rpm around 1k, it all a sudden boost up a little bit to 2rpm, you have to press the gas pedal a little harder, and when i take my foot of the gas pedal rpm drops super low like above the 0 rpm, Then check transmission light turns on, then it stalls. But i think the car shifts fine. I was wondering if they are all connected: the stalling and transmission light? I think my dash is also messed up because the rpm only goes up to 2000rpm or a little above max, but im sure it should be more because when i press the gas a little harder, the engine boost a little bit and it starts making red line sounds.

I used to inherit an 1994 Accord LX, the diagnostics codes are in LED flash sequences. I might still have the original service manual on my computer, to read the sequence you have to connect a jumper to a wired pin header under the glove box. If OP is interested I can upload it via Dropbox and link it here.

To OP experience, I had this similar issue once, It was a dead alternator and bad battery combo. Except the check battery light didn't come on until a new battery was installed which also died later to confirm it was a bad alternator. But again, this was my personal experience of a similar event before action was taken.

I used to inherit an 1994 Accord LX, the diagnostics codes are in LED flash sequences. I might still have the original service manual on my computer, to read the sequence you have to connect a jumper to a wired pin header under the glove box. If OP is interested I can upload it via Dropbox and link it here.

To OP experience, I had this similar issue once, It was a dead alternator and bad battery combo. Except the check battery light didn't come on until a new battery was installed which also died later to confirm it was a bad alternator. But again, this was my personal experience of a similar event before action was taken.
Mine does start up good, only when stopping

Back