19’ Atlas 3.6 VR6 FF

few notes:

8,392 mi. OCI factory fill Edge 0w30?

FWIW Sample was taken via amsoil oil sampler but the tube was reused. Tube had visible moisture, I had tried to clean with brake parts cleaner. Was mentioned to the lab. I think I had sent in a 0w40 VOA at the same time, so the warning about the viscosity was exaggerated.

Attachments

• DFB78227-B970-4667-99A3-3751FFBC5F6C.jpeg
    DFB78227-B970-4667-99A3-3751FFBC5F6C.jpeg
    171.8 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Hi Taylor,
See if you can edit your post by removing your personal info. Thanks for the UOA.

I can edit out personal info and post a new version if you'd like.

few notes:

~8,600 mi. OCI factory fill Edge 0w30?

FWIW Sample was taken via amsoil oil sampler but the tube was reused. Tube had visible moisture, I had tried to clean with brake parts cleaner. Was mentioned to the lab. I think I had sent in a 0w40 VOA at the same time, so the warning about the viscosity was exaggerated.

Thanks, noticed that just after I posted it.

You guys didn’t want to give me a ring?

So the sample was sorta kinda maybe contaminated by a previous sample and moisture and brake cleaner?
Possibly, doesn’t necessarily seem to be. I did try to flush a bit of oil through the tube first. The lab did take note of my misgivings, though I’m unsure of any compensations made.

I am changing a ~9k oci of M1 0w40 euro today, I’ll be sure to post the UOA in a week or so once I get it back.

0 ppm Ti, 168 ppm Boron > Shell Helix Ultra?
66 ppm Fe and 44 ppm Cu indicate factory fill and run in. That's why I do the 1st change between 1K and 1.5K.
Short distance driving and winter season result in fuel dilution. If that isn't the case you should find the cause.

Back