Motorcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
I starting using this in my F150 and like it. Can anyone share an opinion about running this in makes other than Ford? I was think of running this in my Camry.

thanks

Last edited:
It ran pretty well in my Mitsubishis until the switch to synthetic! Very decent oil.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: oilchangeguy
I starting using this in my F150 and like it. Can anyone share an opinion about running this in makes other than Ford? I was think of running this in my Camry.

thanks

Is that the Motorcraft blend in 5w20 or 5w30 vis?

In the 5w20 weight it's one the best values going. Other weights are good also, just don't come in jugs. It is one of the lowest (perhaps lowest) everyday priced quarts though, at Wally.

Have primarily run MC5w20 in an 01 Civic to 130k with no issues. Wouldn't hesitate for a second to run it in a Honda, Toyota, whatever. Use with confidence.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: sayjac
In the 5w20 weight it's one the best values going. Other weights are good also, just don't come in jugs. It is one of the lowest (perhaps lowest) everyday priced quarts though, at Wally.

Have primarily run MC5w20 in an 01 Civic to 130k with no issues. Wouldn't hesitate for a second to run it in a Honda, Toyota, whatever. Use with confidence.
thumbsup2.gif

Agreed. My brother's Caliber loves it better than the oil it was on before....

It's my synth alternative of choice. Only at WM prices, though. If you're going to spend so much on a non-full synthetic ..it might as well be MC semi-synth at a bargain price.

They're getting $4/quart for MC @ AA. Naturally, I don't buy oil at AA.

(visions of Dos Equis commercial)

I don't always buy dino, but when I do, I make it MC
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: jmb106

thanks

Is that the Motorcraft blend in 5w20 or 5w30 vis?

I use 5w20 in the F150 and 5w30 in the Camry.

thanks

How irronic this thread was started. I changed my Craftsman brand Sae30 and refilled with 10w30 Motorcraft syn blend today!....Probably not what your looking for but the 4.75 Briggs enjoyed the Motorcraft blend
grin2.gif
If your shopping oil at WM its hands down the best value oil....

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
It's my synth alternative of choice. Only at WM prices, though. If you're going to spend so much on a non-full synthetic ..it might as well be MC semi-synth at a bargain price.

They're getting $4/quart for MC @ AA. Naturally, I don't buy oil at AA.

(visions of Dos Equis commercial)

I don't always buy dino, but when I do, I make it MC
grin2.gif

LOL.gif

I run it in my f150 and the truck loves it! I just tried some in my Subaru 2.2L and it seems to love it too! Great oil for the money!

I am on my 1st OCI of Maxlife 5w-20 and am wondering if I should use it again and again or go back to Motorcraft. I dont want to change oil without using them for a while so I am wary of changing back to MC but the price is cheaper and I am wondering if I am going to get better throttle action with MC then this ML I am on now and the ML is 14 bucks at WM while the MC is less then 12?!

Originally Posted By: 06VtecV6
I dont want to change oil without using them for a while

Then don't!

BTW the Conoco brews are a good value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back