PP 5w30 with 4oz Tufoil 2006 Lexus ES330 7500miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I havent been much on the forums lately due to health problems thus this sample is a little old from August but just got the time to get a uoa.

Oil: Pennzoil Platinum 5w30
Oil Additive: 4oz Tufoil
Air Filter: Fram
Oil Filter: Fram XG3600
Duration: Feb-August 2008(6 months)
Driving style: 70% hgwy 30%city
Make up oil: None

Iron 3
Lead 2
Aluminum 4
Copper 1
Chromium 0
Nickel 0
Titanium 0
Tin 0
Silver 0

Silicon 21
Potassium 0
Sodium 14
Boron 27
Barium 0
Calcium 3082
Magnesium 19
Vanadium 0
Manganese 0
Moly 172
Phosphorus 890
Zinc 859

Oxidation 21
Nitration 24

Glycol No
Water 0
Insolubles N/A
Soot N/A
fuel >1

Viscosity at 40c 61.8
Viscosity at 100c 10.81
Viscosity Index 169
TBN 4.85

The air filter was changed from Fram to Denson at this oil change. The oil in the car now is PP 5w20 with 8oz Tufoil and Mobil1 M-209 oil filter. Any questions or concerns please give me your input on this analysis. Thanks

Deven.

Last edited:
Opps forgot that the total miles on the car at the time of oil change was approximately 33,300

Hmmm...I think it looks great except for higher than expected silicon/sodium. Additive in the tufoil?

Also, that viscosity seems high for PP 5w30 after 7500 miles. Again, tufoil? I don't know anything about it.

TBN is great considering the mileage and no make-up oil. I imagine a 10k run would be well within reason.

Joe

Originally Posted By: JoeFromPA
Hmmm...I think it looks great except for higher than expected silicon/sodium. Additive in the tufoil?

Also, that viscosity seems high for PP 5w30 after 7500 miles. Again, tufoil? I don't know anything about it.

TBN is great considering the mileage and no make-up oil. I imagine a 10k run would be well within reason.

Joe

Joe,
The silicon has always been high on this car, it started off at 61 on my first analysis at 5k miles and had steadily gone down. The last analysis showed 19ppm silicon but it now creeped up to 22. We'll see if the new air filter will help with this. The sodium i dont think is from Tufoil because I had used it on my last uoa too and the sodium was not elevated. As for the viscocity, that is definately due to Tufoil. Its a very tacky, thick blackish/brown product.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
How many Qts does that take?

Car takes 5 quarts exactly to the full mark on the stick.

deven, hope the health issues have been worked out. Good to see you back.

Unless it just makes you feel good, I see no reason to run Tufoil with the Platinum. Just my opinion.

I too would prefer to see the Tufoil used with an already moly laden oil, but just look at those results. The numbers don't lie.

Great looking UOA.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
deven, hope the health issues have been worked out. Good to see you back.

Unless it just makes you feel good, I see no reason to run Tufoil with the Platinum. Just my opinion.

Thanks for the kind words sir. I think my next run will be without the tufoil and see how that goes but it might take a couple of oci to see the full effect.

Originally Posted By: DmanWho
I too would prefer to see the Tufoil used with an already moly laden oil, but just look at those results. The numbers don't lie.

Great looking UOA.

Don, thanks, its good to see you posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back