Recent Topics
Snow Tires and RIMS... pretty difficult... really!
by SumpChump
09/27/16 11:37 AM
My BMW 335i F30 loves Redline 0w40
by rikstaker
09/27/16 11:18 AM
Is this electrical/construct
ion quote reasonable?

by Tom NJ
09/27/16 11:04 AM
Drill/Driver
by GGorman04
09/27/16 10:58 AM
Floating rotors?
by gregk24
09/27/16 10:17 AM
Sportline Oil Manufacturer - Fleet Farm
by BurrWinder
09/27/16 10:02 AM
Hybrid harder on engine oil?
by WobblyElvis
09/27/16 08:34 AM
Cleaning coolant liquid (propylene glycol )
by Lavabo
09/27/16 08:31 AM
Still doing a refi... need help
by daves66nova
09/27/16 08:21 AM
Tire slow leak
by madRiver
09/27/16 08:13 AM
Breaking in a '16 Focus ST 2.0l Turbo
by skunkstevens1
09/27/16 07:23 AM
Thanks Bitogers
by Marco620
09/27/16 12:27 AM
Newest Members
9009000, tsl1968, AlluD, BkOB, 3rdsaturn
59200 Registered Users
Who's Online
91 registered (440Magnum, 901Memphis, Al, 2012AccentSE, 4WD, 1WildPig, 8 invisible), 1909 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
59200 Members
66 Forums
254972 Topics
4188294 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Hybrid harder on engine oil? by goodtimes @ 2 minutes 0 seconds ago

The standard hybrid like a Prius have quicker warm up devices on them. The lady should do as Ford says, or if she "can't", at least start changing her oil and filter every 3k miles. Or less if it is that badly short tripped.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Inconsiderate people.... by supton @ 2 minutes 27 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: javacontourOriginally Posted By: Chris142do you have plantar fasciitis? I do I get it from time to time. What seems to cause it is muscle tension in my legs. What works it out is exercise. In some folks tightness in their/o
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Drill/Driver by KD0AXS @ 3 minutes 38 seconds ago

I would recommend the Ridgid drill and impact driver kit from HD. I love mine. Ridgid includes a lifetime service contract that includes free battery replacements. By far the best bang for the buck in a drill/driver kit. http://m.homedepot.com/p/
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Hybrid harder on engine oil? by WobblyElvis @ 3 minutes 53 seconds ago

I think this problem can exist in non-hybrids but it is exacerbated by the nature of a hybrid. Something like a 20 minute commute is very common. If in this case, the engine only runs a few minutes, you are asking for trouble. Why doesn't the "i
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Cleaning coolant liquid (propylene glycol ) by pandus13 @ 4 minutes 57 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Reddy45You should contact molaKule. Lavabo, MolaKule is one of the BITOG users DEEEP into mixology and industrial uses. Welcome to/ Bienvenu a BITOG !
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Snow Tires and RIMS... pretty difficult... really! by Miller88 @ 8 minutes 7 seconds ago

Oh gotcha. She will complain about the noise. I misunderstood that one completely. I don't know your location, but I wouldn't run the X-Ice if you get more snow than ice. The Altimax Arctic will be good. And they are quite quiet. I run junkyard wh
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Snow Tires and RIMS... pretty difficult... really! by SumpChump @ 10 minutes 13 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Miller88You want to teach her a lesson because she wants to have a safe car? Wow. And neither of those tires is going to be noisey. I'm willing to bet they'll be quieter than your "superior" all seasons Oh just a
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Is Maxlife 75W-80 GL4 MTF safe for yellow metals by MolaKule @ 10 minutes 18 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: FordCapriDriverMaxlife 75W80 falls right into that category , shame i can't use the bottle of Ford GL4 75W90 i have left over though, it only takes 2 liters Then use 1 L of the above with 1 L of the MaxLife 75W80. Most dedica
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Snow Tires and RIMS... pretty difficult... really! by jjjxlr8 @ 15 minutes 2 seconds ago

I've been using these since 2008 without any issues. 17"x7" in the dreaded MB series... ??? The wheels with lug nuts were only $300 shipped to my door. Quality seems fine.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Floating rotors? by Trav @ 16 minutes 12 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: gregk24What does this mean? I am at the shop getting tires installed, I mentioned that my rotors shake when stopping from highway speeds. The owner checked run out and said it wasn't all that bad and he was surprised that I felt
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Inconsiderate people.... by Drew99GT @ 17 minutes 57 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: bvance554i don't normally complain about people's parking because I don't walk through a parking lot and judge other people then feel the need to post about it on an internet forum, but... I'll confess to bashing the &@!$ ou
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Snow Tires and RIMS... pretty difficult... really! by EdwardC @ 18 minutes 10 seconds ago

I'd keep looking for OEM take-offs. Do some research for other models that have the same bolt pattern, bore diameter and offset and find a set on Craigslist. Also, take a look at 16" wheels, tires will be cheaper too. Of course, verify that it w
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Snow Tires and RIMS... pretty difficult... really! by Miller88 @ 18 minutes 31 seconds ago

You want to teach her a lesson because she wants to have a safe car? Wow. And neither of those tires is going to be noisey. I'm willing to bet they'll be quieter than your "superior" all seasons
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Snow Tires and RIMS... pretty difficult... really! by SumpChump @ 18 minutes 56 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: RandNo. Oh so the can reprogram the new TPMS units to my Camry via a cloud server or something?
Oil Industry and Related News
Jump to new posts Re: Saudi Arabia Is Buying Up America's Oil Assets by MolaKule @ 19 minutes 21 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Kawiguy454Is it a surprise the current administration refuses to let private companies develop and exploit energy on federal lands. That would shunt their global partners agenda to seize the energy marketplace. The vehicles used
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Sportline Oil Manufacturer - Fleet Farm by dwendt44 @ 19 minutes 28 seconds ago

there are several oil blenders out there that blend house brand oils for numerous chain stores, etc... Even a few biggies like Mobil. Sometimes it says who in the fine print on the back label, but often it's a mystery for even the store staff. The
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Drill/Driver by HemiHawk @ 21 minutes 52 seconds ago

Batteries always seem to be the limitation with these things. I'm not even sure why not buy a corded one then never have to deal with batteries. I'm currently looking for a corded light duty impact/driver also.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Snow Tires and RIMS... pretty difficult... really! by Char Baby @ 22 minutes 10 seconds ago

Neither tire that you mentioned will be very noisy! My daughter actually has the AltiMAX Arctic(4 winters/going on 5th winter coming) on her '06 Mazda 3(no sound insulation). And the Arctic are very quiet for the most part. The Arctic are on TireRack
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 now containing GTL by Jetronic @ 22 minutes 18 seconds ago

It can be... depends what the source of the colouring is...
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Is this electrical/construction quote reasonable? by MolaKule @ 22 minutes 54 seconds ago

We had a hotub (and pool) when we lived in Kansas and I would say the costs quoted are reasonable.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Snow Tires and RIMS... pretty difficult... really! by Rand @ 24 minutes 5 seconds ago

No.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Still doing a refi... need help by JMJNet @ 25 minutes 19 seconds ago

Unfortunately, refi does not mean that you will save any money. It costs a substantial amount of money that lender did not tell you when they offer a refi. So, what a lot of people say is "but I reduce my monthly payment". Yes, that is tru
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: QS and Pennzoil rebates now through Dec 31st 2016 by harbison @ 25 minutes 22 seconds ago

Does the Pennzoil rebate only work if you buy your oil at certain retailers?
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Snow Tires and RIMS... pretty difficult... really! by SumpChump @ 26 minutes 12 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: RandDTD steel wheels are lugcentric and not nearly as good as tirerack. You seem like a pretty miserable person if you need to "teach your wife a lesson" I'd go with blizzak ws-80, michelin xice xi3, yokohama ig-52c
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Snow Tires and RIMS... pretty difficult... really! by Drew99GT @ 26 minutes 56 seconds ago

http://www.wheelsandcaps.com/p-20164-aluminum-alloy-wheel-rim-16x65-69495.aspx There are some OEMs 16s for $117 a pop. Best bet is to call junk yards to find OEM wheels. You likely won't find 17s, but 16s will suffice for snow tire duty.
Page 1 of 208 1 2 3 ... 207 208 >