Advance auto and Autozone pricematch Rockauto.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just one guy's experience. It's doesn't sound like company policy, nor is there assurance that the next guy will get a price match. It is worth a try. It all depends on how badly the store wants their sale and how much trouble you're willing to take your businees on the internet.

I did the same thing with Discount Tire once, pre-internet. When I asked for a price on 2 tires, I pointed out that their Discount Warehouse sells them for $40 cheaper. They lowered their price.

Yep, I have been talking to a few guys.

It is autozone's and advance autos policy to price match.

Also some guys are saying that sometimes the advance website is cheaper than buying in store, and they will price match their own website.

Sounds a bit fishy for them to be doing this, but its true.

Also they offer 10 percent off for ordering online and picking up in store.

There are alot of discounts to be found.

Its only worth your time on bigger items I would say, such as a 200 dollar wheel bearing.

When the counter guy's looking at his screen, he's seeing their cost as well as various price schedules. (Yes there's your walk in price,and my prefered resellers price. They don't mind at all to drop that price step. When they have to start dropping from that things start getting testy.) To meet a actual below their cost price match, you've just about got to show proof of that price forthem to match it. If the counter guy calls shift manager in to approve and HE calls store manager in for back up,,,,,, you know you've got em by the short hairs!

Bob

A friend of mine is the parts guy for the largest toyota dealer in the buffalo area.

He would buy parts for me from advance on the company cash account.

We would usually get 50 percent off most items.

That shows the markup out there on these parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back