"Patina" is the new "rust"....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I often cruise Craigslist just to see what vehicles are for sale. I typically look at old Japanese pickups (60's and 70's), old Chevy, GMC and Ford pickups (1950-1972), El Caminos and Rancheros, Corvairs, old Econoline trucks....

I know that "project" has been the new "basket case" for decades.

But last night I noticed that "patina" is now the new "rust". Sheez....

57.gif

I would rock "sun-bleached" paint from Arizona or somewhere.

It would be a novelty up here.

Does Patina leave holes in floors?
21.gif

Originally Posted By: eljefino
I would rock "sun-bleached" paint from Arizona or somewhere.

It would be a novelty up here.

Does Patina leave holes in floors?
21.gif

I think the politically correct term is "highlights" from the sun.

Originally Posted By: paulo57509
I often cruise Craigslist just to see what vehicles are for sale. I typically look at old Japanese pickups (60's and 70's), old Chevy, GMC and Ford pickups (1950-1972), El Caminos and Rancheros, Corvairs, old Econoline trucks....

I know that "project" has been the new "basket case" for decades.

But last night I noticed that "patina" is now the new "rust". Sheez....

57.gif

So true... Ever watch the show Fast & Loud? They actually clear coat over rust and most often sell the cars for ridiculous prices. I have to admit rust on an old F100 has it's appeal but not on everything.

I agree. A few years ago, the ricer crowds would buy unfinished hoods, and leave them out in the rain, etc. to obtain that perfect "patina" look. It looks like you wrecked your car, and couldn't afford a painted hood. I don't get the patina look either.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: kkreit01
I agree. A few years ago, the ricer crowds would buy unfinished hoods, and leave them out in the rain, etc. to obtain that perfect "patina" look. It looks like you wrecked your car, and couldn't afford a painted hood. I don't get the patina look either.

Most of the ones in my area just painted their hoods either matte, or satin black hoping everyone would mistake it for real carbon fiber weave from a distance.
lol.gif

Another moronic statement that sellers make is, "It ran when it was parked ." Sad thing is, buyers believe it's a selling point.

That's like saying, "It was perfect before the train hit it."

I'l take Patina any day over rust.
Rust is from the devil.

Originally Posted By: paulo57509
Another moronic statement that sellers make is, "It ran when it was parked ." Sad thing is, buyers believe it's a selling point.

That's like saying, "It was perfect before the train hit it."

lol exactly. "Ran fine when it was parked-- 25 years ago"
lol.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back