2014 Mazda 6 prices/specs announced...

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATES: POWER, MPG and PRICES are now up: (see screen shots below)

FULL SPECS & FEATURES:
http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/musa2/pdf/brochures/2014/2014_mazda6_brochure.pdf

(middle trim + optional tech package seems the way to go)

m6specs.jpg

m6trims.jpg

DISCUSS ....
smile.gif

Last edited:
This is a giant jump in MPG from the 2010 6i Touring we currently own, and I like the new stying too from what I can tell from the pics. They always seem to look better/worse when you see them in person.

We really like ours, but if they add the diesel option to the 2014 and beyond 6 models, I would most likely give it serious consideration as a new car in the future.

19" wheels standard in the Touring is a bit overkill, IMO
frown.gif

but the rest of the standard stuff is very impressive. (rear view camera, leatherette, audio based SMS text capability..all standard in all trims)

tech package adds the following: (hope it's affordable; this pkg added to mid-level touring would be the way to go for us, if wifey likes it...) I highlighted the Actual important stuff in that package...(for her)

Touring Technology Package:

- Bose® Centerpoint Surround Sound system with AudioPilot® 2 and 11 speakers (including subwoofer)
- Mazda navigation system
- Mazda Advanced Keyless Entry System
- Smart City Brake Support System
- Auto on/off headlights
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers
- Auto-dimming driver's side mirror
- Heated side mirrors
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror with Homelink

Last edited:
How wifey regards the stuff in tech package (Underlined stuff is what she actually likes/finds important)

Touring Technology Package:

- Bose® Centerpoint Surround Sound system with AudioPilot® 2 and 11 speakers (including subwoofer) -wifey doesn't care - i hate Blowse
- Mazda navigation system
- Mazda Advanced Keyless Entry System -- Meh, nothing essential
- Smart City Brake Support System
- Auto on/off headlights - a more useful gimmick
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers - - wifey says she might like this more than I think - she says she likes this in my bimmer
- Auto-dimming driver's side mirror - MIGHT be useful; Idk
- Heated side mirrors
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror with Homelink
- HL will be mildly appreciated - i hope auto dim is selectable.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 97tbird
19" wheels standard in the Touring is a bit overkill

i REALLY look forward to this trend dying. i feel it wont happen though.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
No diesel? No thanks.

My first thoughts too, but with the fuel economy of the gasoline engine and a MT available it's still interesting to me. What is an absolute killer is that the awesome looking wagon will never make it here.

Originally Posted By: SLCraig
All is fine and dandy but the car is still an utter eye sore.

Really? I kinda like it! Form definitely follows function, and with a Cd of .26 it's definitely functional. That's down into Prius territory. They've also toned down the smiley face front a bit.

Originally Posted By: JOD
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
No diesel? No thanks.

My first thoughts too, but with the fuel economy of the gasoline engine and a MT available it's still interesting to me. What is an absolute killer is that the awesome looking wagon will never make it here.

Yeah if the wagon was here I'd be so happy.

Originally Posted By: SLCraig
All is fine and dandy but the car is still an utter eye sore.

Yeah, the front is still too cartoon-ish looking for me, but that's very subjective obviously.

I think it's refreshing compared to the looks of the big 3 Japanese mid-sizers.
Hoping to see it for real at the local dealer...display car coming any day now...

They did revise it, I am pretty sure I read that somewhere. And it was reported as 'loads better' then competing cars' auto transmissions in several of those autoblogs which test drove them in europe. (same trans)

Just to add some spice to this thread, this and the VW Passat TDI will be the 2 main cars we will consider when it's time for her nw car...
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back