White Shepherd Stop Leak & Conditioner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldnt waste $30 on it honestly. Try some of the Valvoline MaxLife Fluid with stop leak.

First that I've heard of it.

Here's the primary ingredient

Diethylene Glycol Monoethyl Ether

C6H14O3 / CH3CH2OCH2CH2OCH2CH2OH

one of its uses is in veterinary medicine
54.gif

We sell the three Universal Products, errr..., products at our store (Advance Auto Parts). That being Blue Devil (For cooling system leaks), Red Angel (For A/C system leaks) and the aforementioned White Shepherd. Their ad flyers are actually honest. They state up front what they seal and what they don't seal and on some of their ad flyers they state only a 80% or 90% success rate, but still offer money back if directions are followed.

I have sold far more Blue Devil than the other two and it seems 1 out of every 9 customers who buys it, can't get it to fix their problem and all they have to do with us, is bring back the empty bottle. We actually work off the honor system in this day and age. Their money is refunded instantly at the store. One particular customer, actually a mechanic by trade, kept blowing his head gasket in his GM 3.1L V6. He was on his third head gasket when I sold him a bottle of BD and it has held ever since.

Like I said, I can't vouch for WSSLC in particular with no real experience for myself or my customers, but Universal Products makes products that seal up leaks and they run a clean and honest business.

I have a 2001 BMW X5 which developed a serious oil leak (everytime I stopped, there was a spot). I put a bottle of White Shepard in the oil and after a couple of days of driving, the oil leak was gone except for a small drop here or there. I put in another bottle and after driving for 3 hrs, not a drop no where. The truck seems to be driving much better also, had white smoke out the back, now no more smoke. I am so pleased with this product, it really works. I'm telling everyone I can about it!!

Last edited:
This is an old thread but I've used both and both seem to work just as well. Probably because they are made of the same stuff. I put some Trans-X in my 68 Fairlane's C4. That was 14 years ago.

When I got my Trabant 601 (manual) it was leaking fluid. I used some White Shepherd stop leak and almost 2 years later, it's still holding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back