VSOT Discontinued?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone suggest where I can get VSOT? I've been to five stores with no luck. The last store actually called Valvoline for me and they stated that VSOT is discontinued because all of the additives in it are already in the Maxlife oils. I was just on Valvoline's website 2 minutes ago and the VSOT is still on there. Any suggestions?

It has been discontinued. I think it is now available as a professional oil treatment. There are sometimes stores you will still find it in. In my area in pittsburgh, advance, autozone are all out of it now where pepboys still has tons of it.

I have been looking at this new stuff they offer
http://www.valvoline.com/pages/products/product_detail.asp?product=20
Its valvoline Synpower Engine Treatment. It claims:

SynPower Engine Treatment is a premium synthetic product, compatible with all motor oils, that helps motor oil with the difficult job of protecting engines especially at very high and very low temperatures.

* Helps prevent lost horsepower
* Helps maintain cleaner engines
* Improves oil flow at low temperatures during start-up
* Improves engine oil breakdown resistance
* Contains the most effective friction modifier
* Compatible with all engine oils

Part Number 068
Size 32 oz
UPC 74130-00068

I thought the'd been selling that engine treatment for awhile?
Well, I guess it's time to hunt down a little more VOST for my stash?
Could they have stopped making VOST b/c the additive packagewas more like SM than SL oil?

I wonder if alot of these additives like VSOT and SLOB are now discontinued products due to the SM rating. SM oils are supposed to use much lower additive levels to make for "cleaner" oils.

Possibly, CD2 and Valvoline since being such large companies dont want to catch alot of EPA flack for offering products that can vastly increase SM add levels and make them similar to older oils.

I found the Engine Treatment at my Napa store. It's located next to the Slick 50/Duralube type products and costs nearly $15. I will call Pep Boys up and see if they have VSOT left.

Isn't it great that we still have Duralube/Slick 50 et al? We couldn't live without 50-weight teflon products but now that I finally found something that might be worthwhile to try, its discountinued. grumble...grumble...grumble

Wal Mart didn't have it but I'm going to try Pep Boys. Thanks all. I guess I better stock-up.

Found them at Pep Boys for $4.99. Didn't find any at Advance Auto. Is there any alternative for when the 4 I bought run out?

Advance in many places still has old stock of VSOT that it's discontinued selling. Many times it's marked down to at least $1.35 and you can sometimes find it's been put on the 1/2 off clearance table.

cfromc, the best alternative (though it doesn't have any moly) is SLOB.

quote:

Originally posted by BrianWC:
Advance in many places still has old stock of VSOT that it's discontinued selling. Many times it's marked down to at least $1.35 and you can sometimes find it's been put on the 1/2 off clearance table.

cfromc, the best alternative (though it doesn't have any moly) is SLOB.

both of which are discontinued.. what do we use after we run completely out of VSOT and SLOB?
frown.gif

I'd heard it was discontinued as well. Perhaps they are just keeping it on the website until they figure stores have sold out?

The OP noted it was still on the website. He said the store called Valvoline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back