Militec-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried militec-1 in motor oil? A mechenic (ASE certified) told me that it has stopped piston slap in the Chevy 6.0 engines. He said it doesn't change the viscosity of the oil and works even after it has been drained at oil change. I'm skeptical,has anybody else heard of this?

I have tried Militec1 in my engine, manual transmission, automatic transmission and the servo. I works great. I have also tried Auto-Rx and that also works, but it works best if you have a very sludged(or are just using mineral oil)motor/gearbox. Militec will make a noticable change whatever the state of you engine. However, what you really should try is this: www.xado.com This is the most awesome car-related product I have EVER tested. I should mention that I have tested a lot. I could write several hours about it, but it would just be words. This product really make a huge difference in your engines performance. The only negative about it is that your engine runs much cooler in the winter, especially if you have a diesel engine. The positive is that you can count in a 10% reduction in fuel usage(30% when idling). This is based on my personal experience with two different cars(both diesels). Many people will make up their own opinion about this stuff before they have tried it. I am glad I did not. Another positive thing is the noice-reduction. Good luck.
smile.gif

xado? - yeah OK I'll pour that in my new car - NOT!

I used to be skeptical of Militec. I don't know what to think of it now. Does it have chlorinated hydrocarbons? Seems like there was ONE UOA that looked OK with Militec.

I'm not a true additive guy, but I've messed around with LC and VSOT. I dunno, I guess if you have a beater with piston slap, sure pouring some juices in is the easy, cheap thing. But if you have new car, just use good oil.

Militec has been mentioned here before. Do a search.

If you want to use it, go ahead.

Stumpman, what is your engine problem, if any?

unDummy, I have no problems at the time. I bought a new 06 2500HD 4x4 with the 6.0. Thankfully I didn't get one with the ticking piston slap. But when talking to a mechanic at the dealership, he told me about militec-1 being used to silence the ticking trucks. Thought someone here may know more about it.

Hello, again. Just forgot to tell that Volvo have tested and approved the use of Xado(www.xado.com). It is good to see that the world have taken some steps forward since the sixties. There is a lot of snake oil out there, but at least this is not one of them. Again, this is based on experiences, not by sitting behind a computer and state that everybody who uses anything else than mineral oil are idiots(because that is what my father or grandpa or my mechanics told me). But again, the safest thing is to sit mouse-still, then nothing bad can happen.

the ford dealer my brother worked at used xado in all of the used cars to shut up the typical ford valvetrain noise.

quote:

Just forgot to tell that Volvo have tested and approved the use of Xado(www.xado.com). There is a lot of snake oil out there, but at least this is not one of them.

Here's a quote from www.xadoshop.com: "Its unique qualities make it good auto maintenance, and when needed, it can virtually perform an engine rebuild."

It's the Bitogers' Holy Grail - a mechanic in a bottle!

Jan Richter

[ January 09, 2006, 07:28 AM: Message edited by: Jan Richter ]

Getting back to Militec, this statement was made -

"I used to be skeptical of Militec. I don't know what to think of it now. Does it have chlorinated hydrocarbons? Seems like there was ONE UOA that looked OK with Militec."

However, believe that the typical oil analysis does not measure the element Chlorine.

I have been using Militec 1 in my Honda for the past 50K miles (since new) and have no issues yet. I just posted a UOA a couple of weeks ago and the results were very good.

So how much is Xado? I suspect it's expensive since there is no pricing information on the website that I could find. I'm always interested in new additives, I'm open minded and I'll try things to see if there is any benefit. I'm about to try AutoRX soon for the first time. If Xado isn't outrageously expensive I'll gladly try it. As far as Militec, WAY TOO EXPENSIVE IMO.

Then you could try this link: www.xado.co.uk This is where I bought my Xado. Anyway, this is cheap! You will get an engine that goes much better, and that will give you at least 5% of fuelsaving(on my Mercedes and my Peugot it is some 12%). The other positive thing is the noice-reduction from the engine. I have tried Auto-Rx, Militec1, QMI, Slick50 and other stuffs. The things i found was working as supposed, was the Auto-Rx the Militec1 and the Xado, and Xado have at least 3 times better effect than Auto-Rx(at least on engines that are rather clean. But, the fine thing about Xado, is that is uses the small metal particles in the oil, building a cermet(metal particles from your engine and cheramic). The cermet builds up where the friction is highest, and will ensure same compression on all cylinders. If you have rings that is stuck, you can still use Auto-Rx with no effect on the Xado. This is something that will be more known after some years, but why wait? It has been on the market at least since 2002, and have also been in use at the Paris-Dakar rally(and still is). It can restore an engine that is 90% worn out, and then I would not say that 60usd is a lot of money. Anyway, you will save that at the gas pump within 4-5 months. Nice to finally have found something that is 3 times better than adverticed.

I'm not sure that a quieter motor is necessary proof of a good additive. Thicker oil will probably do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back