dura lube

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't know much about dura lube, but would put LC/FP up against any product.

Dura Lube is not a good product. The FCC sued them because of false advertisment. It is snake oil that will cause harm to the engine over time. The experts will be here soon to explaine. LC/FP is one of the best products.

Dura Lube is supose to have a very good fuel system cleaner. Their oil treatment is not well thought of. I saw a test of all the fuel cleaners on the internet and dura lube was very close to the top with Techron.

I use the Dura Lube wheel bearing grease with SR3 (whatever that is ?). Seems to be as good as other OTC products, however I've always wondered what the SR3 is suppose to be. Never been able to find out since they don't market the products anymore. The grease was priced at the premium level if that is any indication.

quote:

Originally posted by greebo:
can anyone tell me if this dura lube additive for fuel and oil is any good.

I used the Duralube fuel treatment many years ago with some success. After I found out that their oil/engine treatment product was chlorinated parrafin, I did not trust the company after that.

I am now using the Redline Total Fuel System Cleaner which is a better over the counter product than the Duralube. I might have to order some Fuel Power soon.

I would not put products like Duralube, Slick50, and MotorUp in a lawn mower engine, much less a car or truck engine. There are only a handful of oil supplements and cleaners that I believe it. I like Auto-RX, Neutra, Lube Control, Schaeffer's #132, and the Valvoline oil supplements might be okay. All of this other stuff that uses PTFE, chlorinated parrafin, and oil supplements that are just heavy mineral oil with a very small amount of chemical additives are all just rip off junk.

And many of the people who make oil supplements have been fined by the FTC for false advertising. Go to the FTC web site and check it out for yourself.

There are oil supplements being sold in this country that are inferior to standard quality conventional motor oil, and cost more then the standard motor oil. Go figure. The oil companies gave up on that chlorinated stuff a long time ago, because it caused corrosion. Not to mention the fact that it can cause cancer. Why would anybody want to put PTFE in an engine when there are chemical friction reducers that work just as well for less money and less potential damage to the engine?

Stick to good quality motor oil and you are better off. Have a dirty engine? Use Auto-RX or cleaning motor oils like Delvac 1. Can't afford Auto-RX? Try Neutra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back